By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Coming To PS3: When, Not If

i dont think there will be a ff7 remake on hd consoles, if it does it will be multiplat.

my best guess ff7 remake will be on psp

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Square Enix are still assholes for saying TO BE CONTINUED IN FFVII! at the end of Crisis Core. What, do they expect people to track down a 10 year old game? Well luckily I bought VII a few years ago, but it still annoys me...

Ah, an FFVII PS3 remake thread. It's been awhile. Okay here are my thoughts:

It has been stated several times that FFVII remake will only be made by the original FFVII team. The team that is now separated between FFX-XIII and KH-Versus teams. The team that is technically doesnt exist. And I just cant see how instead of making KH3 and FFXIV after Versus and FFXIII SE will merge 2 teams to make a remake of 12 years old game exclusively for a loosing console.

And well, I understand that all PS3 fans are praying for "The Great FFVII PS3 remake" to appear and save the console. But seriously - you are just setting yourself for a dissapointment. Even if there will be a FFVII remake this generation, even if it will be made in HD, even if it will be a PS3 exclusive - it wont come out soon enough to change anything for PS3 and Sony. You are just hyping something that wont be of any help to your beloved console.

To be honest , the most likely business scenario with a guaranteed return , and to use the least amount of resources possible...

... would be to port the original PS version on to the DS.

It makes so much sense. It would sell over 2 mil, and it would cost them the price to port, plus any exclusive content they'd want to add.

And before I get the whole... IT CAME ON 2 CDs..., with compression rates now-a-days, I don't see any problem fitting the game onto a DS in its original form.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

i can see them first making a mostly the same remake on handheld, then bringing it to consoles with better graphics later to milk it a little more. I wish they could make it for DS, the load times from that game are really hard to take now days compared to 10 years ago but you gotta include the FMVs, and they'll need at least 500 mb- 1 gig to somehow sqeeze all that in.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Just my thought here: Sony spent every dime keeping FFVII exclusive still to this day. Square-Enix said to Sony either you let MS buy FFXIII and make it multiplat or FFVII, your choice. So Sony will save FFVII remake as their very last trump card and will release it when they feel the PS3 is at its lowest and might not make it back up. ..Again this is just my thought lol =)

Rei said:

It has been stated several times that FFVII remake will only be made by the original FFVII team. The team that is now separated between FFX-XIII and KH-Versus teams. The team that is technically doesnt exist. And I just cant see how instead of making KH3 and FFXIV after Versus and FFXIII SE will merge 2 teams to make a remake of 12 years old game exclusively for a loosing console.

And well, I understand that all PS3 fans are praying for "The Great FFVII PS3 remake" to appear and save the console. But seriously - you are just setting yourself for a dissapointment. Even if there will be a FFVII remake this generation, even if it will be made in HD, even if it will be a PS3 exclusive - it wont come out soon enough to change anything for PS3 and Sony. You are just hyping something that wont be of any help to your beloved console.

Agreed, regretfully.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

pakidan101 said:
Rei said:

Agreed, regretfully.

Or maybe people want a great game remade, so it would be even better (possibly?). Seriously it's a great game that deserves a remake.

Okay FFXIII will be done April 2010. Let's say the team working on it starts IMMEDIATELY after finishing FFXIII. Okay Square is not known for developing games fast. So 2 years of development is a very optimistic guess.

So this game will be released around Mid 2012 at the earliest. I mean, come on... Even if they start right now in this very moment, the game won't be released before late 2011.

It is amazing how easily PS3-fans get hyped. I could understand Killzone2, even though not that bad like they are, because it is just around the corner, but to get hyped for a game with an uncertain release in two to four years is simply stupid.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Personally, they should leave the horse beaten and dead and not try to resuscitate it anymore than they had already tried. While I have recognized the fact that FFVII opened the floodgates for RPGs to the western world, it hasn't aged very well.