By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Coming To PS3: When, Not If

@Scottie

There isn't a pattern, actually, they are remaking the old FF's that only came out for Nintendo consoles at that time, so it's logical that they release the remakes on Nintendo consoles as well. If that logic prevailed on the minds of S-E then why didn't they make Crisis Core for the DS or Wii? It's because till FF6 and the Crystal Bearers saga all belong to Nintendo, and from FF7 onwards they were released on Sony consoles, and now FF13 is multiplat.
That being said, hopefully a remake of FF7 would be multiplat, so to maximize S-E profits, not counting out a Wii release as well with the HD consoles.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Even by "gaming journalism" standards, that is an atrocious article. Here's the logic:

"Wow, it would be awesome if a Final Fantasy 7 remake happened!"
"Look, Square remade some other Final Fantasy games on handheld platforms!"
"It's confirmed: FF7 remake coming to PS3!"

It's the kind of stuff I expect from random forum posters. Very sad that any website (that's not a joke site) would actually post something like this. Seeing as how FF13 has been in development for over four years now, and is supposed to comprise a half-dozen different games, when would Square have time to make this? What about the next Dragon Quest, FF Crystal Chronicles, and all the handheld games that Square keeps turning out? Even if they started work right now, when would the game finish - 2012?

Oh wait, I'm sorry. You're not supposed to think about these things, just scream "OMG FF7 LOL!"

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Galaki said:
scottie said:
Lets look at the patterns

Square Enix has been remaking all the main series FF games on the DS
Square-Enix is moving away from the playstation family and towards the Nintendo family

Therefore the FFVII remake could only be on the PS3

Somehow your logic fails

Yeah well. You're wrong. Because the title already by-pass the "if". Hence, your arguments are invalid.

Leave facts out of this discussion, man.

Facts are terrible and overvalued. They ruin great journalistic articles as well as they screw carefully constructed speculation.

Frankly, the World would be a better place if facts were to be erased from public debate.

Won't somebody please think of the children!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I would like it that way:

FFV remake -> DS
FFVI remake -> the next Nintendo handheld
FFVII, VIII, IX remakes -> PSP2

Bitmap Frogs said:

Frankly, your future as a politician is quite bright, assuming you aren't one yet.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

Frankly, your future as a politician is quite bright, assuming you aren't one yet.

roflololmao ahahhaha

It's a shame the british sausage has already been saved tho.

Who knows, the EU might attempt to suppress porridge some day. Then I'll be Prime Minister instead of the Prime Minister.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Skeeuk said:
i dont think there will be a ff7 remake on hd consoles, if it does it will be multiplat.

my best guess ff7 remake will be on psp

Running on the enhanced Crisis Core engine. Would make a lot of sense considering all the shared art that's already been done...