By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo wars is horrible

I wouldn't say its horrible. Its pretty nicely presented and has awesome cut scenes (maybe the story is going to be really good) and very good graphics. However when it comes to the sheer ways in which you can control an RTS using the keyboard and mouse and also the super advanced AI and game tactics used in games like Company of Heroes (destructible cover, terrain advantage etc) this will always be one step behind. In the end to be fair to Ensemble its the controller that creates the limitation. I just don't see myself paying $60 for this game when I can play Company of Heroes on my 2 year old laptop.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
AliveFE said:

i just finished the halo wars demo, and wow, it's horrible. I've never played a rts game on a consle before, and i'm surprised about how much rts games rely on mouse and keyboard controls.

You know what else is horrible?

THE KILLZONE 2 DEMO!! MUAHAHAHTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLLLLLLL!!!!!!11111oneoneone

Your bringing up of KillZone 2 in this unrelated thread combined with your constant sniping at that game in anti KZ2 threads just shows where you are in the fanboy scale.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Yeah you're really in the minority.

I read over 500 comments on the Halo Wars demo (VGChartz + Gametrailers + some small other sides) and about 470 of them like or even love the demo.
20 don't like RTS in general and said they don't like Halo Wars because of that & only about 10 persons hated the demo even though they like RTS games.

ocnkng said:
I wouldn't say its horrible. Its pretty nicely presented and has awesome cut scenes (maybe the story is going to be really good) and very good graphics. However when it comes to the sheer ways in which you can control an RTS using the keyboard and mouse and also the super advanced AI and game tactics used in games like Company of Heroes (destructible cover, terrain advantage etc) this will always be one step behind. In the end to be fair to Ensemble its the controller that creates the limitation. I just don't see myself paying $60 for this game when I can play Company of Heroes on my 2 year old laptop.

It's HALO !!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

They should keep RTS on Pc...I tried it also but since I don't own that console controls were weird to me...

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

@ Barozi - interesting comments. I think the game will be a success.

Shadowblind said:
AliveFE said:

i just finished the halo wars demo, and wow, it's horrible. I've never played a rts game on a consle before, and i'm surprised about how much rts games rely on mouse and keyboard controls.

THE KILLZONE 2 DEMO!! MUAHAHAHTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLLLLLLL!!!!!!11111oneoneone

EPIC response xD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

AliveFE said:

I can see if you were expecting a full-blown PC RTS experience out of Halo Wars, you would be disappointed by it.  Maybe it is entirely you that relies on mouse and keyboard controls.  When I play an RTS, I usually just need the mouse and several buttons.

ocnkng said:
Shadowblind said:
AliveFE said:

Your bringing up of KillZone 2 in this unrelated thread combined with your constant sniping at that game in anti KZ2 threads just shows where you are in the fanboy scale.

do you even have a 360?...

let me put it different you sure you aint a fanboy? cause it seems like you are atleast a troll

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

FaRmLaNd said:
horrible is the new awesome.

And considering the Edge reviews of KZ2 and Halo Wars, 7 is the new 9 (or 10)