By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I *really* hate the Playstation Store

twesterm said:
tedsteriscool said:
Sorry for that derailment. Back to the main topic, though: Twesterm, are you there? Hello? Have you tried anything yet? Is it working? Or are you not going to pursue a fix?

I guess its possible hes making a video to show us fail in motion (I kid).

Haven't tried anything yet, I am watching Chopped and just checking the thread during the commercial break.  ^^

lol food network ftw. Although I much prefer "Challenge"

Around the Network
Cueil said:
twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:
Guys, stop with this "Waah, Twesterm hates the ps3!" crap.

He hates everything. Get used to it. :P

Finally some one gets it right!

I guess they missed the part where you're a f'n mod.  Acting like idiots on a mods thread... real smart of them

Or perhaps we just aren't intimidated by a green/red name and think that all people here should be entitled to equal rights as long as they aren't abused used?

Sorry if I'm coming off as an ass. :)

Cueil said:
I just want to jump in and let everyone know that being a cock-holster to a mod will come to bite you in the ass when you do fuck up... instead of a warning you may just find yourself banned.

As for your problems... the amount of things that could cause it are almost innumerable since it's a HTML based interface.

It hasn't been HTML based for at least half a year...

Mabye check your connection. PS Store gets better every week.

tedsteriscool said:
Cueil said:
twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:
Guys, stop with this "Waah, Twesterm hates the ps3!" crap.

He hates everything. Get used to it. :P

Finally some one gets it right!

I guess they missed the part where you're a f'n mod.  Acting like idiots on a mods thread... real smart of them

Or perhaps we just aren't intimidated by a green/red name and think that all people here should be entitled to equal rights as long as they aren't abused used?

Sorry if I'm coming off as an ass. :)

I agree, unfourtunately mods aren't held to the same rules and standards as we are, and they seem to get away with a lot that would get others banned. I'm not sure why this is acceptable.

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
twesterm said:
tedsteriscool said:
Sorry for that derailment. Back to the main topic, though: Twesterm, are you there? Hello? Have you tried anything yet? Is it working? Or are you not going to pursue a fix?

I guess its possible hes making a video to show us fail in motion (I kid).

Haven't tried anything yet, I am watching Chopped and just checking the thread during the commercial break.  ^^

lol food network ftw. Although I much prefer "Challenge"

True, but Food Network Challenge isn't on right now (and they've been doing chocolate stuff all weekend and that has gotten boring).

Plus, Chopped is fun because it isn't about who is the best, it's about who doesn't suck the most.

twesterm said:
I don't care about the speed or the content, I just hate the piss poor excuse for an interface.

You find the thing you want to download. You press "download". It downloads.

A dyslexic chimp could do that :P

--OkeyDokey-- said:
twesterm said:
I don't care about the speed or the content, I just hate the piss poor excuse for an interface.

You find the thing you want to to download. You press "download". It downloads.

A dyslexic chimp could do that :P

It took us this long to find the correct answer!

Maybe you should get a new internet connection?

I tried to make a video but it just didn't turn out well, but here's what happened.

1. I go to Playstation Store
  2. I try to download something (in this case, RE5 demo)
  3. I select download on the game description page
  4. I am brought to my download basket where I can see all my current downloads.  From there I can choose my current download or continue shopping
  5. I select my current download to check my progress
  6. It starts the download over again and asks if I want to download in background (and I have to select yes otherwise I have to sit on that screen)
  7. I'm brought back to the at point #4

I'm sorry but that is fucking stupid.  I read SSJ12's post (very helpful, thank you) and found where to check my download management because I've been aparently doing it wrong all this time.  Why the Hell would I want to exit the store to check my progress and then enter again?  Why the Hell can I just not do it there?

Also, why does it let me download something again and again and again and again and not tell me I'm downloading it again and again and again and again.

The Playstation Store has a shitty confusing interface and that's all there is to it.  I fucking hate it.  How they messed up something as simple as downloading something and then checking your progress is beyond me but they did it.