By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is anyone else a bit sick of Killzone 2 Threads?

As much as I'm hyped, I just ignore them. The threads are not helping my anticipation for this game. Just to add, the Sony Doom threads are really just as sickening....

Around the Network

I'm about as excited for KZ2 as I am for other shooters - not too excited. When there is an HD jRPG coming at the same time, I anticipate that much more. In this case, it's Star Ocean 4. When Halo 3 was coming, I was much more excited about Eternal Sonata.

GTA, Halo, SSBB, Gears all had the same amount of hype as well. The 360 fanboys did their half in hyping this game as well with anti-hype. That generates much more hype than just ignoring it.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Mummelmann said:
SeriousWB said:
Mummelmann said:
NightstrikerX said:

12 Threads on the front page... yeah.

Holy shit... Still not SSBB levels but bad enough to annoy.

Much worse than SSBB, much more people seemed to stay in the official SSBB thread during it's hype.  Which is what lead to it's ridiculous size.

I think our memories differ then. There were tons of SSBB threads, of this kind;

"Do you want this move in SSBB", "Do you want this/these character (s) in SSBB", "Which score will it get from -insert review site here-", "What will be its metacritic average", "Will you play -insert character here- in SSBB", "Is SSBB the best fighter around", "How much will SSBB sell", "What's your favourite SSBB character/stage/move/combo/controller", "Look at this SSBB -insert pic or video", "How many here are buying SSBB day one/at all", "Which SS title is your favourite", "SSBB will be the best game ever/huge/epic", "SSBB will sell -insert number here- worldwide/in Japan/in NA/in EU and others", "-insert site here- gave SSBB a -insert score here-", "-insert figure- says SSBB will be -insert superlative-", "SSBB set for launch in -insert region-", "What are your expectations for SSBB", "SSBB featured on/in -insert magazine, paper, program or website here-". All this in addition to the official thread being perhaps the biggest we had. Now that's hype.

I mean, come on, it was just as bad if not worse, have people already forgotten? I remember loging in a couple of weeks before launch and damn near all of the hot topics were SSBB threads of some kind. Mind you, it was much the same with MGS4, Gears 2, Fable 2, Wii Music and GT 5: Prologue.

My point is; the amount of KZ2 threads is within norms of popular games in here (hate or love) and is in no way exceptional or extreme. It is simply a title which is more popular to point out than the above, since we know pretty much for a fact that SSBB, MGS4, Gears 2, Fable 2 and GT5: Prologue would be good (no comment on Wii Music).

Many of those questions were kept in the official thread, not seperate ones, as I've already said.  But yes, these big games do get hype.

I think I'm more sick of how hostile many of the KZ2 threads become (probably why they ring louder bells in my mind). I suppose SSBB escaped that to a big extent because not many games are like it.  Jabs at other games, or comparisons drawn to other games turn many of these KZ2 threads really bitter.

Yeah it is ridiculous. Especially when people are claiming its already a succes, even before the damn demo was available. Some of the fans are rabbid.

but then again it makes sense when you look at the number threads and Forums claiming Little Big Planet was definatly gonna outsell Gears 2 and pure nonsense like that. this seems to be a recurring theme among hopefuls.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself