By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic needs to do something about this...Halo Wars 0.8/10

The latest victim in the fanboys “metacritic war” is Halo Wars, possibly one of the biggest causalities of the user ratings fanboy wars on Metacritic. Has of February 7th, the metacritic user score currently stands at 0.8/10 with 115 votes. We also noticed Official Xbox Magazine has a review up, they gave it a 9/10, we’re pretty positive a majority of those who gave it such a low user score haven’t even played the demo let alone the final game.

We’re not sure what console these fanboys came from, and frankly we don’t care, it’s obvious these scores will impact the buying decisions of a small group, why bother sabotaging what is shaping up to be a great game from a proven studio?

http://thatgamingsite.com/story-344-Halo-Wars-Falls-Victim-to-Metacritic-Wars.html

That's pretty bad I don't know why Metacritic doesn't just get rid of user voting.

Around the Network

0.8!?

*cancels preorder*

Well you have to laugh O.o, didn't they say they were gonna change how they did user reviews?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

What happened to them locking user votes until the game's released?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

This is why gamerankings is a lot better. I don't even know why people are using Metacritic.

Around the Network

lol worse game ever!?

hello how are you.

even know I don't like microsoft, this war between fans gets anoying. unbelievable.

wow, this is new low, for fanboys and a game lol

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Ha! That made me LOL!

Gilgamesh said:

(...)

That's pretty bad I don't know why Metacritic doesn't just get rid of user voting.

My friend, when the time of having your own website comes, you will learn that PAGE TRAFFIC, AKA, AMOUNT OF CLICS, is what keeps that website running.

More clics = more famous website = more expensive pub adds = more money for the dudes that created metacritic

More fanboys on metacritic = more clics

Getting rid of fanboy voting is completely excluded from these equations!!!