By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Saving japanese market

ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
The Japanese economy is terrible and the population is quickly aging. Basically the country is getting poorer and older. Not a good recipe for selling things that appeals to younger people with money.

shouldnt the younger generations be taking over in Japan soon like in the US/EU?

The Japanese have one of the lowest birth rates in the world. That means Japan will have fewer young people than most of the rest of the world on average.

no wonder why there are a ton of japanese women in america

? Can't see your logic.   FishyJoe is correct I just want to add that the Japanese youth also is emigrating a lot more than ten years ago.  The pressure of a hard future is the reason of the emigration growth. (To give you an idea, the last five year the Japanese residents in NA/EU has doubled).

Around the Network

@Oyvoyvoyv: The reason it boomed is Nintendo tapping the casual market with the DS. The hardcore market has been decreasing YoY. Nintendo profited a lot from that , but the big japanese publishers lost sales in Japan. At least that´s what I think so. They should focus on handhelds and especially the PSP for Japan, that´s where all the core japanese gamers are right now.

Europe and N.A also have low birth rates and issues with relationships. I don´t think this is an issue comparatively to West. Once a gamer, always a gamer. Also people shouldn´t forget that Japan has a thriving arcade market which Europe and N.A don´t.

memory2zack said:
@Oyvoyvoyv: The reason it boomed is Nintendo tapping the casual market with the DS. The hardcore market has been decreasing YoY. Nintendo profited a lot from that , but the big japanese publishers lost sales in Japan. At least that´s what I think so. They should focus on handhelds and especially the PSP for Japan, that´s where all the core japanese gamers are right now.

Europe and N.A also have low birth rates and issues with relationships. I don´t think this is an issue comparatively to West. Once a gamer, always a gamer. Also people shouldn´t forget that Japan has a thriving arcade market which Europe and N.A don´t.

Yes and no.

True Europe has the same problems only Europe has something that Japan doesn't.  A high Immigration Rate.
Countries as Germany and France only have a population growth thx to the immigrants residents. 

To give you an idea they suspect that in 2050 the Japanese population will schrink to 90 million (now 127 million).

Lostplanet22 said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
The Japanese economy is terrible and the population is quickly aging. Basically the country is getting poorer and older. Not a good recipe for selling things that appeals to younger people with money.

shouldnt the younger generations be taking over in Japan soon like in the US/EU?

The Japanese have one of the lowest birth rates in the world. That means Japan will have fewer young people than most of the rest of the world on average.

? Can't see your logic.   FishyJoe is correct I just want to add that the Japanese youth also is emigrating a lot more than ten years ago.  The pressure of a hard future is the reason of the emigration growth. (To give you an idea, the last five year the Japanese residents in NA/EU has doubled).

how old are you? if your over the age of 16 this shouldnt be something hard to figure out.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:

how old are you? if your over the age of 16 this shouldnt be something hard to figure out.

Japanese Childless women were asked if they want children

• “Want children but do not have any yet” (39%)
  • “Want to live with my spouse alone” (22%)
  • “Feel anxious about lifestyle after giving birth and am not positive about having children” (20%)
  • “Don’t want children due to concerns about life after giving birth” (10%)

http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/attitudes-of-japanese-women-on-children/

So because the most Japanese woman don't want to have children and that being the biggest cause that the Japanese birth rate is so low a ton of Japanese woman moved to USA?

Yeah explain me the logic?

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
ssj12 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:

• “Feel anxious about lifestyle after giving birth and am not positive about having children” (20%)

http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/attitudes-of-japanese-women-on-children/

So because the most Japanese woman don't want to have children and that being the biggest cause that the Japanese birth rate is so low a ton of Japanese woman moved to USA?

my god you missed the joke totally.

I was making fun of japanese men's package size, dear god man, it is a JOKE. ....sigh...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Western Market has grown bigger, but it got too large. We are going to see some trimming of the fat and decreased HD releases with increased wii ones. Overall though, western development will decrease. There are not the funds for that expensive development anymore (especially if it is losing money like it has been)

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

ssj12 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
ssj12 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:

my god you missed the joke totally.

I was making fun of japanese men's package size, dear god man, it is a JOKE. ....sigh...

Hmm ok sorry.

That was a terrible joke.

Yeah, that joke was very weak and racist.