By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do achievements (X360) or trophies (PS3) matter to you?

I like trophies better than achievements. The leveling system is pretty awesome, especially if sony implements unlockables at a certain level, such as exclusive demos, themes, etc. Or if you get the platnium trophy you get a discount on any expansion pack.

Granted achievements were the origin, inspiration, and basis of trophies. So they will always hold a special place. Thanks Microsoft for creating this, but Sony by being late was able to significantly improve on the design.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Around the Network

Wii only gamers will say they are not a big deal.. They are sadly mistaken. I thought the same, until I bought my x360.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

The only time things like that matter to me is when the achievement unlocks gameplay features that I want, like unlocking levels and characters in mp in Timesplitters for instance.
Besides that, I never bother with them and I don't get the big deal really.

Hell, yeah. I've not bought games because they didn't have trophies (well, if it's good enough, I buy it, but if I'm on the fence, I look at whether it has trophies)

Partly for bragging rights, partly because it really adds replay value.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I like them most of the time. It is nice when you get past some tough spot in a game to get the little notice that you did something worth noting. Poorly done achievements though are just annoying.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
Wii only gamers will say they are not a big deal.. They are sadly mistaken. I thought the same, until I bought my x360.

So what about us PSWii60 owners? Me? atleast don't give a F-ck about those scores, why? well im over 28+ years, I have better things to do then play games for 10 hours a day.

That's the way it is, sorry.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I like the story driven ones. Where as you go through the story//they unlock now that is some sort of achievement//but ones like "demolishing 5 cars within 5 seconds" stuff like that just pisses me off and I just overlook those//espcially the competitive ones. I hate those//Like trying to get a overkill in such in Halo 3//it was annoying cause I would play multiplayer games just for that achievement alone//or people will be like "hey can you help me get this achievement"//those type are annoying!

Naum said:
Strategyking92 said:

So what about us PSWii60 owners? Me? atleast don't give a F-ck about those scores, why? well im over 28+ years, I have better things to do then play games for 10 hours a day.

That's the way it is, sorry.

Then I wasn't talking about you

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Kinda, but it's a not a deal breaker, i won't do any online achievements because most of them are about wasting time, than actually having skill. I just got Wipeout hd 50 zones, just using air brakes trophy and it is pretty nice feeling, because it was quite difficult. Even if the game doesn't have trophies i still would buy it.

trophies and achievements dont matter. but my online stats for a game does though. i like to show off my rank on games such as Call of duty 4.