By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do achievements (X360) or trophies (PS3) matter to you?

yes i like them :)

Around the Network

i dont really care about them, there fun if you dont take them seriously, acheivment/trophy whores annoy me

i never care for them

Nope, could not care less.

It's kinda cool when you get them, but I don't actively pursue getting them and they have no influence at all in what games I purchase.

The self satisfaction of completing the game/sidequests is enough for me.

Well I just picked a solution for me/I will play the games normally like I would do with Wii games/and whatever unlocks, unlocks/Then I will go back to the game to unlock more achievements/trophies after I beat it for the first time. I just truly think its pointless to play the game for the first time just to get achievements.

I don't want to be label as a achievement or trophy whore at all. I like the whole concept cause it indeeds extends the replay value of the game, considerably!

Around the Network

can't say i ever cared about achievements but i have gotten into trophies a bit. i'm not really sure what the difference is but i guess i just like the way trophies are presented more.

..that said, even trophies i only care about to a certain extent. for whatever reason i'm fully committed to get every trophy in LBP but i'm not very interested in them for rock band 2.

Yes, I like them a lot. There's also something for you to do.

I'll give an example: Say you like an RPG like Final Fantasy 13 a lot. You would usually be able to just play it over and over. With Achievements, you have a bunch of little things you can do to keep you playing the game for a much longer period of time. Most of the time there isn't any point in maxing out your characters levels. But when you get a 50 point achievement for it, there's now reason to do so.

It's just something for core gamers who are passionate about gaming to take advantage of.

Dont really care for them.

Been gaming long before achievments/trophies came into the scene.

i love achievements very much, its nice seeing that pop-up saying u did something. that reward is something that makes me want too get everything in a game even more. i also love trophies, but i only get games in the genres i like that has trophies, but games i own on the ps3 that doesnt have trophy support is fine, because they were great/good games before sony added trophy support into games on the ps3.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Achievements and trophies are great as mini-goals you can set for yourself in games. However, to end up using it as a macho thing against other people, is absurd. I do find high score boards are better for this. Like, among friends, a friendly high score board is cool. It does motivate one to press on and try to do something. Well, except for this ONE guy who insists on having EVERY top score in EVERY mode of Geometry Wars 2 on my friend list. BLECK!