By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Killzone 2 first week sales!

700K first week

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Ironically, I think Killzone 2 will actually sell better on legs than huge first week sales.

The only thing that's certain is that no matter how big the launch numbers are, a bunch of people will say they're not big enough.

And a bunch of people will always claim that the sales are awesome. Its what fanboys do.

Some people are predicting way too low for LT. If an FPS sells 800k first week, it will probably sell over 4 million LT. Look at CoD4 on PS3. 450k first week, 4 million LTD and selling.

So,

Japan: 60-100k (GTA sold well, showing that a violent game can sell over there)
Europe: 350k-400k (This is higher than any other PS3 FPS, but no other PS3 FPS has KZ2's advertising)
NA: 400-500k (NA is considered shooter land, again the advertising budget, and it has to sell more than it does in Europe, right?)

That's 810k-1 million WW, in case you were wondering.

EDIT: Lifetime. I think around 6x first week sales is a good amount, so 5-6 million.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

666k first week sales for KZ2

Kantor said:

Some people are predicting way too low for LT. If an FPS sells 800k first week, it will probably sell over 4 million LT. Look at CoD4 on PS3. 450k first week, 4 million LTD and selling.

So,

Japan: 60-100k (GTA sold well, showing that a violent game can sell over there)
Europe: 350k-400k (This is higher than any other PS3 FPS, but no other PS3 FPS has KZ2's advertising)
NA: 400-500k (NA is considered shooter land, again the advertising budget, and it has to sell more than it does in Europe, right?)

That's 810k-1 million WW, in case you were wondering.

EDIT: Lifetime. I think around 6x first week sales is a good amount, so 5-6 million.

Call of Duty has become an exception, it has by far the best "legs" of any other PS3 or 360 game, in fact better than many Wii games.

KZ2 will certainly be more frontloaded.... but, the lower it's first week sales, the comparatively better legs it will show, so it's not as simple as multiplying the first week by a certain number.

It is a likely candidate for roughly 3-5 times the first week making up the lifetime total.... I would guess if it sells around 800k to 1 million on the first week, it should be heading for about 3.5-4 million sales.

Around the Network

500k first week, 4 million lifetime. I predict a game with great legs, not a front loaded one.

Put in perspective (sequel for a 750k seller in America), I'd say somewhere around 350k~400k total.
Killzone is no CoD, Halo or Gears.

1 mil first week.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

ChaosAngelZero said:
Put in perspective (sequel for a 750k seller in America), I'd say somewhere around 350k~400k total.
Killzone is no CoD, Halo or Gears.

notice the games you mentioned are shooters! killzone 2 is what americans want! a great shooter with crazy ass graphics! cod sells alot because it has great multiplayer and its a good shooter, halo only sold because of all the extreme hype and advertising from microsoft and gears of war a bit of the same as halo but unlike halo it actually is a good game and its violent! american gamers love that. if sony market the game right it can sell more than gears for sure but not halo and probably not cod either.

even little big planet has already sold 2 million and it doesnt really cater to the ps3 audience because 95% are super hardcore gamers! killzone 2 lifetime sales will 5-7 million.