By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help Me ! I try to choose a new console...

sly777 said:

Here's a couple of my favorites games : Halo, Gran Turismo, God of War, Madden, NHL, Metroid, Zelda, Killzone, Gear of War...

Well, the PS3 and 360 have the best versions of Madden and NHL.

PS3 will have Gran Turismo, God of War, and Killzone 2

360 will have your Halos and the Gears series

Wii has your Zelda and Metroid franchises.

Is there any other features outside of gaming that you care about.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

360 or Wii. 500$ plus little child equals bad. My friend almost lost his PS3 to his little cousin.

Get a PS3, the 2009 lineup is so epic and it has so much more potential left in it, it's still a very new machine and it won't let you down.

you could buy the Xbox first since it is cheaper then buy Ps3 when it make a huge price drop =) both systems are amazing its just xbox is way cheaper right now...

i'm a hardcore wii owner that has an ps3. it seems ur were leaning on the ps3 on the get go and u like the games on sony's library, so it seems logical that u should get the ps3. but ask urself theses question before u do. do u have a hdtv? and do u have a bluray? if u have an hdtv why not maximize its potential and watch the best quality movies that u can rent or buy? of course that shouldn't be the reason to buy a ps3 but it is a nice perk.

Around the Network

Xbox 360: RROD has subsided now thanks to the new and more effienient motherboards//meaning the chips are 65nm a piece for the CPU and GPU//meaning less heat meaning less chance of a RROD//the 360 has the best current line-up than the PS3 and Wii//Xbox Live

PS3: Nice selection of titles//a reliable console//Blu-ray standard//Internet Browser//movie selection

Wii: Cheap price tag//nice selection of games (Hardcore/Casual)//Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl alone is enought to say own a Wii//small//reliable

I would definitely choose between the 360 ($200) or the Wii ($250). Those fit your prefences better more so than the PS3.

Pretty much what Spartan said, and the ps3 exclusives are only gonna get better.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

xlost7 said:
Xbox 360: RROD has subsided now thanks to the new and more effienient motherboards//meaning the chips are 65nm a piece for the CPU and GPU//meaning less heat meaning less chance of a RROD//the 360 has the best current line-up than the PS3 and Wii//Xbox Live

PS3: Nice selection of titles//a reliable console//Blu-ray standard//Internet Browser//movie selection

Wii: Cheap price tag//nice selection of games (Hardcore/Casual)//Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl alone is enought to say own a Wii//small//reliable

I would definitely choose between the 360 ($200) or the Wii ($250). Those fit your prefences better more so than the PS3.

Thanks for the RROD informations.

outlawauron said:
sly777 said:

Here's a couple of my favorites games : Halo, Gran Turismo, God of War, Madden, NHL, Metroid, Zelda, Killzone, Gear of War...

Well, the PS3 and 360 have the best versions of Madden and NHL.

PS3 will have Gran Turismo, God of War, and Killzone 2

360 will have your Halos and the Gears series

Wii has your Zelda and Metroid franchises.

Is there any other features outside of gaming that you care about.

Yes. I want someting that gonna last a long time : don't want to buy and two years after they annonce a new system...

sly777 said:

In a couple of weeks( maybe months...), I plan to buy a new console of this generation. Honnestly, I don't know which one to buy because the 3 consoles are amazing. PS3 ? Xbox 360? or Wii ?

PS3 : a amazing machine with a lot of potentiel. Killzone 2, Resistence 2, GOW3 are reasons why I should buy this monster console. The problem is the price. I would wait for a price-cut... at 300$ the ps3 would be my first pick.

Xbox 360 : Amazing line-up like the ps3 (and maybee better right now...). The problem is all the accesories we must buy : batteries, Fans... and the RROD make me scare : Have they really fix that problem ?

Wii : Cool machine. Fun to play (yes I like the metroid series but I have already finish the 3 prime...) but is this a nice choice if I plan to buy only one system ? And let's be honnest, I don't have a lot of time to spend on videogame (because of my little kid... which I love by the way) but I still more of a hardcore gamer.

I don't want to start a war on this thread, just want to find some answers. What do you think about that VGChartz buddies ?

Thanks !

Easy enough.

360 exclusives: 2

Wii exclusives: 2

PS3 exclusives: 3

Playable on 360: 4

Playable on PS3: 5

Playable on Wii: 3

From what you've told us, I would recommend the PS3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective