By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help Me ! I try to choose a new console...

The Wii since you don't have a lot of time and also it has some hardcore games.

Around the Network

you like cartoon games? You wanna play it on system who doesent do HD and the graphics are lame? Drop on few hundert bucks on something you play for a month till you realise wii sports are only fun when you are drunk. There's the miis which you can make with your wii but they dont do anything as far as i could see. VC games they sell are expensive as hell and you probalby finished them 10 years ago but O WELL.

Seriuosl dude, buy a 360 or PS3. Your kid is 1 year old so it cant play any video games.

Choose the console where the games pique your interest. Otherwise you'll regret it.

I have played all 3 extensively and it really is unfair to just pick one without knowing more about you. Each system has its unique points and none are bad.

A few Questions:

1) Do you own an HDTV? not yet
2) Do you have any friends with a console this gen? yes and they have all the console
3) You said you like Metroid, what other games are your favorite type? sport, adventure, shooter, puzzle... anything
4) What console do you own now? nothing
5) Do you have a Netflix account? ??? I don't think so ???

I have some difficulty to choose cause I like a lot of style of game. I played the 3 consoles and they are all great...

Thanks to everybody for the advises.

sly777 said:

I have played all 3 extensively and it really is unfair to just pick one without knowing more about you. Each system has its unique points and none are bad.

A few Questions:

2) Do you have any friends with a console this gen? yes and they have all the console
3) You said you like Metroid, what other games are your favorite type? sport, adventure, shooter, puzzle... anything

I have some difficulty to choose cause I like a lot of style of game. I played the 3 consoles and they are all great...

Well, whichever console you choose in the end, I just hope you're happy with it. Cheers :)

Around the Network

As much as I am a PS3 fan, I think you should go with the 360. As great as it is for PSn to be free, get more from LIVE if you pay 50 bucks a year. The online gaming is great especially with Gears of War 2. My second choice for you would be the Wii because of the great Mario games they have. The ps will most likely not even see a price cut this year and killzone 2 is great and all, but the months in between to wait for a great exclusive is long. Killzone 2 jhust might be the hugest exclusive since MGS4. God of War III will be amazing but we probably won't see it until 2010, along with GT5.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
sly777 said:

A few Questions:

Well, whichever console you choose in the end, I just hope you're happy with it. Cheers :)

Thanks and cheers to you too

routsounmanman said:
sly777 said:

In a couple of weeks, I plan to buy a new console of this generation. Honnestly, I don't know which one to buy because the 3 consoles are amazing. PS3 ? Xbox 360? or Wii ?

PS3 : a amazing machine with a lot of potentiel. Killzone 2, Resistence 2, GOW3 are reasons why I should buy this monster console. The problem is the price. I would wait for a price-cut... at 300$ the ps3 would be my first pick.

Xbox 360 : Amazing line-up like the ps3 (and maybee better right now...). The problem is all the accesories we must buy : batteries, Fans... and the RROD make me scare : Have they fix that problem ?

Wii : Cool machine. Fun to play (yes I like the metroid series but I have already finish the 3 prime...) but is this a nice choice if I plan to buy only one system ? And let's be honnest, I don't have a lot of time to spend on videogame (because of my little kid... which I love buy the way) but I still more of a hardcore gamer.

I don't want to start a war on this thread, just want to find some answers. What do you think about that VGChartz buddies ?

Thanks !

OMG you're sick

sorry english is not my first language...

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Elite1, did you drop glue on your shift key or something?

Haha. I just thought the contrast against the op would make the response stand out and therefore make it easier to read. I usualy don't use all caps though.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

best library of games this gen
a great rpg lineup already out their for u too buy and plenty more too come
the best online service
netflix is very cool, plus a ton of movies,shows,anime already on xbl marketplace
soulcalibur ( xbl arcade only ), and plenty of great games too download from xbl marketplace. also u can download over 20 original xbox games to your hdd
better controller
the newxboxexperience is awesome
the best fps series ( halo )
has 1 mmorpg already on it ( final fantasy 11 online ), more coming this year huxley,age of conan,champions online,star trek.
can customize your faceplate, which is cool
u dont need fans for this system or any of the systems. fans can cause more problems then actually helping u out.
u can be just fine using the silver account that comes with every xbox 360 system and not need to upgrade to gold, unless u plan on playing alot online. btw ff11 online u can use silver to play it.
if u get a xbox 360 pro or elite , u get a headset,ethernet cable with the system already packed inside every box. ( ps3 u must buy them ) if u get the elite u also get a hdmi cable as well.
the avatars for the nxe is very cool idea
rare games are very good and very fun on the 360.
u can sinc up your pc and 360 for extra functions, that u cant do propery with the other systems.
just the best system for games,online,function,service,movies and fun.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1