By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Have you changed your mind on Killzone 2

from vids I thought the AI was dumb.... but I changed my mind... since so many people love the game it can't be that bad.

Graphically, I like the character models, but the environement is not to my taste.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I wanted to buy this game day 1 before the demo but I was a little skeptical because of the whole "weight" and "feel" of the game being different than other games, so I didn't know what to expect. After playing the demo, I kinda liked the feel of the game, but I wasn't loving it. After playing it a couple more times, I started to like it more and now I love it. I'm gonna run through the demo for the 10th time (since its so short).

If the game gets to GameStop a day early, I'll have it a day early..and if it gets there 2 days early, damnit I'll be playing 2 days early. I have a great relationship with my local GameStop..and I'm so excited about this game I could...*oooo-ooooh goddddd*...I did...shit..

I was a little dissapointed when I first played the demo, but I was exhausted at the time. I then played it the next morning and had a much better experience with it.

I love the fact that you can completely switch the controls around. (I switched it to Alternate 2, hold zoom off, and x and y sensitivity up) which made the gameplay like COD4. In the end though, I actually went back to the original controls, I think they suit the game more.

Anyway, rant over, I'll be getting this game day one.

It was and still is Day 1 for me.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

I want it even more now. Demo was too short and left me wanting more.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Yes. Though at this point, it went from "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" to "Looks pretty good, might buy". I still need to try the demo. Where is the US demo anyway?

Xen said:
priteshmodi said:
I'm in the same boat as Christhegamer. I want to wait a bit so I can find this game cheaper or used. It didn't live up to my expectations and I have my reasons for not being completely sold on the gameplay as I discussed in another thread. Loved everything else about the game though but something in the gameplay felt just a tad off.

Great game and I hope all that enjoy it have an excellent time with it.

Alternate 2 and Hold zoom off?

I liked alternate 2 control scheme other than the cover mechanic with it.  Using L2 & L1 for both cover & zoom did not want to work correctly.  It would be different if the PS3 controller was able to be clawed comfortably but unfortunately it's not.  I ended up going back to the default control scheme which was a wierd Halo-esk control scheme.  It seemed to work good after getting used to it.  I can see COD fans having to get used to the controls though.

As to my opinions on the game changing...not really.  I was never into the hype train for the game....from the demo I thought it was good but didn't really blow me away. The graphics didn't really impress me as much as it seems a lot of other people.  They were good but it seemed they were overshadowed in all the blur, damage effects, and the like.  I'll probably get it but later on but I will be getting RE5, SF4, and maybe Halo Wars first.

I'm starting to think that maybe I'm hitting my tolerance in FPS titles though.  I used to be really big into them but there have been very few this gen that I've enjoyed.  Bioshock, Halo3, Bad Company, and to a lesser extent COD4 are about it.  Everything else had just seemed kinda mediocre to me.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

It just confirmed that pre-ordering this game was a good choice.

Christhegamer said:
Yes I have played the demo and had a pre-order, but now I think I will wait till it gets a bit cheaper as I was not impressed with the demo. But thats just my opinion. There was tooooo much hype and I was extecting something better than anything I have played and it was no way near as good as Gears or Crysis.

Why? i say again why are you comparing a demo to purchased games?. You have not played the full game or even got near the multiplayer. If you decide not to buy a game because of a 10 minute demo and then review it compared to full games then i don't want you playing it. It is these poor comparisons and well to be frank, nonsense comments that annoy me about the internet. If you don't want it great, don't get it but i repeat, do not compare it to full games. ( i was in the beta and you will be missing multiplayer that craps all over Gears).