By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Footage and live streams of Demon's Souls

Can't wait to see the numbers, hopefully Japan gives it a chance and it does close to 50K first week.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:

Demon's Souls hit Japan today, and there is somebody streaming live footage of them playing the game.  Im not sure if it's the same person that did White Knight Chronicles, but it's nice of them to do it.

See the stream here:

http://ja.justin.tv/esegk

That stream doesn't seem to work all the time, so you can also watch videos of of somebody playing with a thief character here:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm6053793

It seems they've fixed the clipping issues from TGS, and it's kind've cool watching the character roll through barrels and such and seeing them break.

Impressions are also rather positive in the Official Demon's Souls thread on neogaf.

I'm becoming more interested in this game than White Knight.

lol?

LOL

From a post on neogaf:

Okay so I played a couple of hours last night before going to bed.

FUCK this game is brutal.

Oh and as far as death is concerned. If you die in your physical body you are turned into a soul and your HP is halved. It seems the only way to get your physical body back is to defeat one of the big demons? I don't know because I kept getting my ass kicked by this armor guy with a spear and a red eye who can kill me in one hit. Almost killed him once. lol

I also don't have the item which you can use to let someone summon you.

Seeing other character's spirits and their messages all over the place is pretty cool. It's funny too because some people put down fake messages and then you will see another one that says 'Beware messages that lie!"

Oh and about character classes, it appears that the choice you make at the beginning just affects your starting stats and equipment. It seems to be completely up to you after that.

I am playing a thief and it is pretty fun. The combat is not mindless at all and you have to be really really really really fucking careful. Parrys are cool but they are also a gamble of course.

I did save one NPC guy in the castle walls who was trapped by like 10 demons. I threw a fire bomb in the middle of them and it was awesome. He gave me some binouclar type thing that lets me see far in the distance I suppose. Haven't used it because it might be one use only lol.

This game sounds crazy!

Some more from the same guy:

I actually have a theory but I can't be sure until I check.

Maybe when you are not in physical mode but instead in soul mode you don't have a shadow? Not really sure because I have only been a physical body for like 15 minutes tops so far.

Oh and I have already seen a couple of dragons on top of the castle walls. At first I only saw one sleeping on a cliff but then as I was crossing I heard the crazy fucking wings through my 5.1 and one started to land right near me so I bolted it the hell out. The sound design is crazy good so far and adds to the atmostphere a lot.

I really need to figure out how to revive my physical body when I get back home from work.

Camera looks slightly annoying from what I'm seeing? Or could just be the player. I'm sure you get used to it while playing. Other than that, I like it. Nice graphics, interesting looking gameplay, has it's a nice medi evil feeling style. I would like to see some more environments though, and hope that there's some variation. I've only seen the castle like setting so far.

Wow, that does sound incredible makingmusic.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Demon's Souls is surprisingly popular, been sold out in many stores in Japan
Seems like sony underestimated the demand of this "low-key" RPG.

完売=sold out

品切=out of stock

Now I want to play this game.....

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

I hope this turns out to be a decent diablo clone. I'm not going in with high expectations though.

bbsin said:
I hope this turns out to be a decent diablo clone. I'm not going in with high expectations though.

Wut?

Randomized dungeons are in?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

holy shit this game has improved A LOT ! it seems to be many times better than last i saw gameplay from it. Might actually have to pick it up now :P

Check out my game about moles ^

Hey MM! =P

Remember us arguing about the quality of the game after the initial TGS demo? you had low hopes, I told you to trust in FROM and SCEJ (although I sitll had some doubt)...

How does it feel to see it turn out a good game now? (so good you'd prefer it over WKC) =P

OT: Looks pretty badass. Nice atmosphere and graphics.