By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ohh Yeah Killzone 2 Demo Is Up!!!

IllegalPaladin said:
nordlead said:
I played the demo and loved it (not a huge FPS fan), and I even managed to beat it without dieing, which was nice. Not to hard, not to easy, and overall good controls. Awesome graphics, but I don't like how the menus do that focus thing, drives me crazy.

I then went to the RE5 demo for the first time, and I couldn't believe that with so many zombies coming towards me that I had to go to the inventory and combine the gun with the ammo to reload. I got totally owned by the controls, not the zombies. Needless to say, I now have no interest in RE5 cause I died cause I couldn't reload my gun.

Oh please, that's so Resident Evil 0-Code Veronica. . .

No, you can reload normally if you hold a button and then press X. For some reason I can't remember if it was L1 or R1, but it tells you when it displays the controls as it loads the level.

well, way to make things complicated. I don't have photographic memory, so remembering half the button combinations was tough enough.

All I know, is that for having so many people come at you, it should be a lot easier to shoot. In Resisdent Evil (last one I played), you only had to deal with a few at a time. Here I have to deal with a whole hord, and the controls still suck.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Nordlead

The key is u must move all the time otherwise the zombies will eat u alive.

Graphics-They were good with things far away but things up close seemed a little blury....

Gameplay- seemed very much like call of duty..but still ok.

the guns- nothing really special in the demo but ive seen cooler guns in some videos.

the controls- they were not as good as call of duty, i hate aiming with the right stick!!!

I will not be getting this at full price but would like to know if anybody els was disappointed...

(I know this is just the demo and im not counting online modes but still)

toastboy44562 said:
Graphics-They were good with things far away but things up close seemed a little blury....

Gameplay- seemed very much like call of duty..but still ok.

the guns- nothing really special in the demo but ive seen cooler guns in some videos.

the controls- they were not as good as call of duty, i hate aiming with the right stick!!!

I will not be getting this at full price but would like to know if anybody els was disappointed...

(I know this is just the demo and im not counting online modes but still)

Graphics - Im not even gonna discuss this Gameplay - Kai.. Guns - Yeah.. Controls - You can change aim with right stick to L1, And u can deside whether u want to hold in L1 or tap. Rather then that imo the controls were ALOT better, After a few play threws u get used to it and it feels more realistic compared to CoD 4. Was i dissapointeD? Rofl hell no XD (You should XD)

I am not surprised that I thoroughly enjoyed the demo. This game is not a floating gun twitch shooter. It is very much a deliberate tactical shooter. The aiming is slow and you are required to engage cover by holding a button. I think those design choices were the correct choices to make. This game has a very deliberate and unique style and feel. I prefer this style of game play to COD4 (which is the current standard that all FPSs should be measured against).

I think the Lean and Peak cover system works well and in many way improves upon the cover system in Uncharted. You can't just stick to cover, you need to actively engage cover by holding a button and lean over cover with the left stick. This will take some getting used to since no other console fps leaves you in a first person view while in cover.

The control scheme is fine, I used standard 2 with zoom hold off. It was too difficult to aim while holding R3 so I turned zoom/hold off. In call of duty I had a habit of zooming every time I engaged an enemy, when many times it would have been faster to shoot with the cross hairs.

I will definitely play this game on Veteran at launch. I believe the only difference in the base difficulties are the damage modifiers.

The graphics, animations, and sound are top notch.

I hope the other 10 hours of this game live up to this demo.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Anybody else find it funny that when you load up the demo, it asks you to tweak the in-game brightness setting to get the helghast logo to appear? Must be a bug or something because I never saw it no matter what brightness setting I picked. I just thought it was funny that it's like "adjust the screen until the logo is visible", but then it's always just a black box.

It's like a sick joke from GG.

nordlead said:
IllegalPaladin said:
nordlead said:
I played the demo and loved it (not a huge FPS fan), and I even managed to beat it without dieing, which was nice. Not to hard, not to easy, and overall good controls. Awesome graphics, but I don't like how the menus do that focus thing, drives me crazy.

I then went to the RE5 demo for the first time, and I couldn't believe that with so many zombies coming towards me that I had to go to the inventory and combine the gun with the ammo to reload. I got totally owned by the controls, not the zombies. Needless to say, I now have no interest in RE5 cause I died cause I couldn't reload my gun.

Oh please, that's so Resident Evil 0-Code Veronica. . .

No, you can reload normally if you hold a button and then press X. For some reason I can't remember if it was L1 or R1, but it tells you when it displays the controls as it loads the level.

well, way to make things complicated. I don't have photographic memory, so remembering half the button combinations was tough enough.

All I know, is that for having so many people come at you, it should be a lot easier to shoot. In Resisdent Evil (last one I played), you only had to deal with a few at a time. Here I have to deal with a whole hord, and the controls still suck.

hahaha, I had the same thing, cursing at the game for making me memorize a control scheme within two seconds :p

L1 + X = reload, just in case you were wondering ^^

IllegalPaladin said:
Anybody else find it funny that when you load up the demo, it asks you to tweak the in-game brightness setting to get the helghast logo to appear? Must be a bug or something because I never saw it no matter what brightness setting I picked. I just thought it was funny that it's like "adjust the screen until the logo is visible", but then it's always just a black box.

that's because the gama on your TV isn't adjusted correctly. You need to adjust your TV first, and then adjust the game. The reason they have it for the game, is because it is so dark in the first place, if your TV is dark, then you need to bump up the brightness (same is true of the oposite)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@ illegal: don't they then ask you to change the setting on the tv itself?

nordlead said:
IllegalPaladin said:

that's because the gama on your TV isn't adjusted correctly. You need to adjust your TV first, and then adjust the game. The reason they have it for the game, is because it is so dark in the first place, if your TV is dark, then you need to bump up the brightness (same is true of the oposite)

The thing is, it was bright enough to see the game how I normally see it in videos and such. I even turned the brightness up on my TV after doing it with the in-game setting and still couldn't see it. However, I'll wait to see what happens after I play it on a good HDTV later today. The one that came with the apartment isn't great, but that's to be exptected. It still displays HD so whatever.

@papflesje - There is a setting for it in-game, but it's not like you can't use your TV either.

Either way, it wasn't bad in the demo. If things are too dark in the full game, I'll act on it accordingly.