By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There will be a Final Fantasy 13 on Wii

FF for the past decade set the graphical standards and there is no reason FFXIII should be any different. You must mean DQ though, that franchise has never been about graphics.

Demotruk did you lose your prediction about Nintendo purchasing a Sony studio by that date? Am pretty sure you did. :/

Around the Network

No, it's still 09. If by 2010, nothing has been bought, my prediction was wrong. Although now that I've read more about Nintendo's attitude to acquisitions, I will probably be wrong anyway.

The series can break with tradition, especially if the tradition is causing a bad business model.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

RPG said:
FF for the past decade set the graphical standards and there is no reason FFXIII should be any different. You must mean DQ though, that franchise has never been about graphics.

Demotruk did you lose your prediction about Nintendo purchasing a Sony studio by that date? Am pretty sure you did. :/

Final Fantasy has always set the graphical standards in terms of art design, and in terms of graphics for the system on which it is based. All they have to do to hold to tradition is make the game look as good as the Wii can make it, and that's more than possible.

is this a joke?

I think a spinoff (like PSP's Agito) is almost assured at this point, but we'll have to wait and see. This E3 is going to be very interesting with 3rd parties in regards to the Wii, as it seems that EA and Square Enix are becoming more committed to the platform, and Ubisoft is also taking a more positive turn.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

yes FF has always been a graphical powerhouse though since the PS1 era its appeared on the weakest consoles of each generation..gimme a break. I remember the same talk about why KH won't be on Wii or the next DQ main flagship title won't be on Wii...yeah saw how that turned out.

Money talks that is the bottomline. Though truthfully I couldn't care less about FFXIII first off its taking waaay too long to finish and second of all I haven't really felt the series since FFVII. The rest of the series has been rather average as far as I'm concerned.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I think square will work more on a dragon quest series or FFCC on the wii. I will be very suprised if it's happen.

@Sly: Yes because PSP is a very powerful machine, even more powerful than the Wii /sarcasm

I don't see FFXIII ever coming too Wii. It's just too late. DQX - Confirmed, KH3 - ever more likely, FFVII remake or Chrono game - Possibility, SE putting a lot more effort/advertising into FFCC on Wii - Absolutely. But it's a Wii version of FFXIII would come out too late and Wii owners wouldn't have played FFXIII so why give them a spin-off? Better to make FFCC a kick-ass game on it's own or make FFVI for Wii.

GTAWii - been calling that one for years.

Bioshock? Doubt it. Have it, wasn't all that impressed with it anyway. Looking forward to Dead Space Wii though.

oh i hope not. the game is taking long enough as it is

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st