By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There will be a Final Fantasy 13 on Wii

I don't see it happening. Unless the PS3 version really bombs in Japan, I think it might have a second thought but otherwise no.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Just to clarify: I don't think it will happen. I'm just saying that it could and there's nothing stopping them except for market considerations.

i dout it would wii cant match the graphics needed. there more likely 2 make another ds game. one thing which is getn sad in sqaure enix is becoming like EA rushing ffgames. look at the amount be pushed out for ds. i wish sqauresoft would come back:(

ff13 is going to be awesome no dout:)

Spin off indeed, that is a certainty. By the end of the FFXIII series we will have an exclusive on the PS3 (Versus), DS, Wii and PSP. No I did not say 360, people can spout all the rubbish they want but FF games sell best in Japan.

Considering that SE core titles usually take forever to develop, it's probably too late already. FFXIII was first announced 2006... Western markets will see it in 2010, that's four years!
Unless they're already working on it, I can't imagine they'd finish a Wii FF game this generation.

Bioshock... I don't know. Do you know what the problem is that 3rd parties are facing (in my opinion)?
Many Blockbusters are not that great once you take away the fantastic graphics. The shooter audience in particular is extremely graphics obsessed; a step backwards technologically is hard to sell.

GTA, yes probably. Take2 already called the DS GTA a test for a potential Wii version. And a GTA game would work fine, since the graphics don't have to be cutting edge realistic.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network
RPG said:
Spin off indeed, that is a certainty. By the end of the FFXIII series we will have an exclusive on the PS3 (Versus), DS, Wii and PSP. No I did not say 360, people can spout all the rubbish they want but FF games sell best in Japan.

No they don't. Of all the major FF titles since VII, the only one to sell better in Japan than in the West was IX.

Oh so your adding up NA + EU against little old Japan? Yeah this simply shows how big JRPG are in Japan.

I remember on another forum that SE would either push back the release until bigger PS3 install base or would release on additional system(mostly refering to the Wii at the time). Well many months later we here the 360 announcement and the game has been pushed back to what we thought was a early to mid 2009 release. Well now it seems that release is what 2010? given that the White Engine has been built for all platforms i'm not to entirely unsure that it won't come to the Wii. Downgrading textures, lowering poly counts and setting your engine to render at a lower level is far easier than up scaling those values.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

RPG said:
Oh so your adding up NA + EU against little old Japan? Yeah this simply shows how big JRPG are in Japan.

That's true, but the point stands that Final Fantasy does more in the West than in Japan about five times out of six, or six times out of seven. They can't rely on Japan alone, they have to cater to the West to a certain degree.

Wait, why are graphics so crucial to FFXIII? I can understand if it where something like HL2, where the graphics allow for the physics, which is crucial for the game.

But how do graphics affect the gameplay in FFXIII? Or is graphics the whole point in FFXIII?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.