By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - X-Play reviews Rygar: The Battle of Argus: 1/5

Wow, that review was pretty bad but the game was almost as bad. It looked absolutely terrible.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Yikes, that game looks godawful! I'm not sure why every bad game on the Wii somehow turns into an attack on the console itself though. Every platform gets lots of atrocious games.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

I love how the people basically saying Sessler's opinion is wrong have not even played the game.

Quiet Storm = Best Gatorade flavor EVER.

ChichiriMuyo said:
The game is being sold at a reduced price and a lot of people never played it. I see nothing wrong with it getting a Wii port, and I don't see any reason it should get such a bad score. Yes, they could and should have added some new things to the game, but not doing so shouldn't be punished so heavily. The PS2 version doesn't have a score below 6/10 on gamerankings and games don't get worse when nothing is changed about them. Yeah, it's older. Some people like older games, especially when they are cheaper than new ones. This is simply a biased anti-Wii rant, and has almost nothing to do with the game itself.

hmm... is there?

So you are saying if EA brings Madden 02 out right now, it would still get the same review score as it did back then?

Let's get real people. Why are we even defending lazy developers who are trying to score a quick buck by screwing with Wii owners? I don't get this.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Nets535 said:
I love how the people basically saying Sessler's opinion is wrong have not even played the game.

It's not the actual review of the game, but the way in which he bashes the Wii that makes him an asshole.

Around the Network

i always hated x-play, and i hate how biased they are. sure, they game IMO looks like it deserves a crappy score, but 1/5 is saying its some of the worst stuff on the market.

An almost unchanged port of a 2002 game?  1/5 seems generous.

Words Of Wisdom said:

An almost unchanged port of a 2002 game?  1/5 seems generous.

^^^ This.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Words Of Wisdom said:

An almost unchanged port of a 2002 game? 1/5 seems generous.

I disagree, just because a game was released in 2002 doesn't necessarily make the game bad ... After all, we don't instantly review all Virtual Console games 0/10 because they were released before 2000.

It would be one thing to argue that a game hasn't aged well, and the added Wiimote controlls take something away from the game, and then give the game a 2.5 or 3 out of 5; but usually when you are giving a game a 1/5 it is an unplayable mess, not just a game which you played 7 years ago.

scottie said:
How unprofessional. He spends more time insulting the Wii than reviewing the game

My take was they were insulting the game, not the Wii, by saying that merely capitalizing on the Wii motion control, and doing NOTHING to come out with something new, is insulting.  Adam was obviously angered by it, and that anger can be seen and justified.  The 1 out of 5 is, "NO WAY SHOULD ANYONE BUY, RENT OR EVEN TRY THIS GAME".  The message is, make this fail, so companies stop doing this.  The Wii does get fragged along the way though.