By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How to advertise MW and The Conduit?

they should invest in the same amount of commercials as Red Steel did, that game sold 1 million at when the wii had a fraction of the install base - The Conduit and MadWorld should be able to sell at least twice that number with similar advertising.

Around the Network

Madworld's violence is way too graphic for your average television spot, and one of it's key selling points is the creative ways you can dispatch your enemies in the game. Sega's best bet would either be a viral campaign and/or a blitz of ads on gaming sites. Print ads are superfluous and a waste of ad dollars nowadays, it's all about bombarding the viewer with moving pictures whether it's a flash ad or dl. However if Sega can creatively dance around the violence factor, maybe make a quick cutaway with some creative editing when some one is getting eviscerated, then tv ads could work.

SEGA could easily make short commercials for MW. They could even marketed it as "We'd love to show you the many ways to get rid of your enemies...but we cant. So heres some random clips *show some clips with some music* Curious?"

simple but could raise the hype for viewer to check this game out.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

There have been promo posters in various GameSpots i have seen (at least in the two sides of Pennsylvania that i live in), though whether those are coming from GameSpot, or from SEGA themselves, i don't know. I do know that that's more than No More Heroes ever got, so we should be looking at it.

MadWorld i say no commercials for, because it might backfire somewhat. MadWorld can stick with the posters and street promotion, because its easier to convey in that form. The Conduit, however, needs TV advertising to really get off the ground, and will probably get it, because advertising is proportional to budget and to expected returns, the former of which we know was high, and the latter of which SEGA is probably giving at least a decent estimate for (hey, deBlob got TV advertising, didn't it?)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

MadWorld would easily have commercials. They'd cover the actual point of impact with a highlight square and some text representing curse words - &%@#$&

Show a few scenes of that with the announcers commentating and the game sells itself from there.

When you tease people with content inappropriate for TV, they go investigate what they missed. It's almost instinct to see what was hidden.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

IF they do TV ads I'd think it'd be most practical to do a MadWorld/HoTD Overkill commercial as both will appeal to the same market, both could share the same advertising theme - Adult fun on Wii! Such a ad would probably drop between their respective launches and be pretty targeted. Overkill is a guaranteed 1m+ saler so TV ads are not out of the question here.

Conduit drops much later so it'd need it's own ad but that'd be a lot risker than the above as it's new IP and wouldn't look so hot compared to HD FPSs on tv ads. If the game gets a T rating I'd advertise this during cartoons 'cause their are probably lots of pre-teens/teens with Wii's (cause that's what mom bought - I blame Wii Fit) who'd love some real action and would go screaming for the game once they knew it was available.

If de Blob was advertised i cant see why either of these games could be. I wonder tho if SEGA will put out the money for it. Then again..wasnt de Blob advertised before christmas? Id guess that would make sense to push a product during the holiday season...can hurt now tho for SEGA.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Demotruk said:
If conduit lacks split screen multiplayer, which I suspect it does, then it'll be alot harder to advertise on TV. You don't want to focus on the games visuals, you want to focus on the controls and people playing the game. A single player doesn't look as fun in those kind of ads.

I disagree.. I'd say the best way to advertise The Conduit would be with 3 different ads, one for each ad break of a 30 minute show.

The first would be about the conspiracy and the story and garner some interest in the audience, 'what's a conduit?' 

The second and third could then show a number of different things, 16 player online, Wii MotionPlus support, Wii Speak support (which could help emulate the multiplayer fun aspect), awards and Wii exclusivity, a voice saying that its from the publishes of Madworld and House of the Dead.. 

Madworld will get TV advertising with censored sections and then people will go looking online in in stores and end up buying it.. House of the Dead really needs its own seperate ad to Madworld as it needs a full 'grindhouse' style mini-movie feel to it and Madworld would take away from that.. Although the whole Sin City vibe could work for it..

In the end, TV spots for all 3 games is what's needed

I think they shoudl show a commercial

start with RE4 and how it controls.

Then show RE5 pretty gfx and how lame it controls without a Wii remote

then finally show the conduit with the wii controls and good gfx.