By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega fans ahoy!

Cd's back then didn't hold much, I mean they held much more than cart's did on Snes, but not a lot compared to the CD's that were developed on PC's, I could take a guess that Lunar wasn't over 200 megs heck probably was barely doing 100 megs.

Also VC handles N64 games very well.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Saturn was the best console in it's generation IMO. Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III, Guardian Heroes, Grandia, Lunar, Wrakenroden and Dragon Force are amongst the best RPG's i've ever played =)
But out of the RPG context, Sega Rally Championship, Myst, Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Nights, Winter Sports, Torico and many more, were trully excellent games, it's such a shame that it didn't fare too well for the Saturn, since it had a huge potential =(

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

dib8rman said:
Cd's back then didn't hold much, I mean they held much more than cart's did on Snes, but not a lot compared to the CD's that were developed on PC's, I could take a guess that Lunar wasn't over 200 megs heck probably was barely doing 100 megs.

Also VC handles N64 games very well.

A lot of games had CG intros back in the day, I think you're underestimating the figures. Even Saturn games like Darius Gaiden , where it was completely unnecessary, had it.

all of them are fantastic, they are expensive, but consider this, they're values are incredibly stable, so if you pay big bucks for them you'll be able to resell them for what you paid.
so it'd be like renting them with a large down payment
another thing to consider
shining force 3 is actually composed of three separate games, but only the first scenario has seen western release so if you want the whole story you'll need a translation of the second (as expensive as the US/Euro first scenario) and third scenario (dirt cheap)
personally I believe shining force 3 and panzer dragoon saga are 2 of the best games ever made, with shining force 3 being, in my opinion, the single best game ever made
if you get a saturn there are several other good rpgs
Dark Savior, an action rpg in the vein of Landstalker,
Shining the Holy Ark, the precursor to shining force 3, a Dungeon Crawler like shining in the darkness except massively better.

plus legend of oasis is a fantastic zelda like game
those three aren't very pricey at all

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I'm a Sega fan I can't help since I never got the Saturn since I was young back then...

Former something....

Around the Network

Buy rare games i have a copy of streets of rage III uk version that i paid £10 for in 1995, its now worth around £60-£70 on ebay, not only are Sega legendary, their games could make you money too.

@masschamber

Don't you mean Beyond Oasis, or Secret of Thor here in europe? that game was my very favourite for the Genesis, i love the action rpg style it has, plus it has great playability and a great story to boot =)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@masschamber

Don't you mean Beyond Oasis, or Secret of Thor here in europe? that game was my very favourite for the Genesis, i love the action rpg style it has, plus it has great playability and a great story to boot =)

no I'm talking about the prequel for the saturn Legend of Oasis, or Story of thor 2 in the EU

it is much like it's beyond oasis but better in every way, more spirits, better visuals and music, a better told story, a larger more secret filled world, brain bending puzzles, and fantastic boss fights

and it even features a 2-player mode

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh i didn't knew that =D Damn, got to get me an emulator or dust off my old Saturn and e-bay it xD if it does better than the first one, then it's definetily worth it =)

Current PC Build

Ebay might help. Good luck young man... You'll need it.

4 ≈ One