By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nurse suspended for prayer offer

arsenal009 said:
What i mean is, say someone is about to die, they may think about what happens in the afterlife or if anything happens at all. If they are not religious they may get offended cause they don't want to think of a possibility of an afterlife.

How this has anything to do w being a vegetarian is beyond me...

Vegetraians don't believe in eating meat because they believe it's cruel.

A vegetarian isn't going to get offended that someone offers them meat unless that person already knows they are a vegetarian.  Even though a lot of them think eating meat is actually a horrible thing.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
arsenal009 said:
What i mean is, say someone is about to die, they may think about what happens in the afterlife or if anything happens at all. If they are not religious they may get offended cause they don't want to think of a possibility of an afterlife.

A vegetarian isn't going to get offended that someone offers them meat unless that person already knows they are a vegetarian.  Even though a lot of them think eating meat is actually a horrible thing.

Ah ok, i get what u mean.  But did u read the 1st paragraph of my post?  I believe that is why ppl would get offended.

arsenal009 said:
Kasz216 said:
arsenal009 said:

Ah ok, i get what u mean.  But did u read the 1st paragraph of my post?  I believe that is why ppl would get offended.

Who is going to forget that other people believe in an afterlife? 

What?

I'm saying someone non-religious may get offended because they DON'T believe in afterlife & don't want to think about it.

arsenal009 said:
What?

I'm saying someone non-religious may get offended because they DON'T believe in afterlife & don't want to think about it.

How is one person saying "Do you want me to pray for you" going to change that?

You are either going to think about it or not.  One gesture isn't going to change that.

Around the Network

That's ridiculous.

I don't even have the words to describe how pathetic people are getting...

-_-

Well in these tough economic times you have to do what you gotta do... And that's to frivolously sue people for no reason.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

If it was Islam or Buddhism or anything else it would be OK. If someone did indeed want to help then the person is criticized. You know Nero did the same thing. The lack of moral standards for this generation will lead to its downfall.

bah nvm.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

epsilon72 said:
WessleWoggle said:
I think she deserved it. Unfounded religious beliefs, like prayer, should not be mixed with your work.

What the hell?  You may not believe in the way they choose to do it, but what's wrong with other people wishing for your wellbeing?  They're not trying to convert you, they're just showing that they care for you.

Don't mind Wessie, he doesn't have any compassion for people.