By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Demo Is Up On EU Store!!!

windbane said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
right

I'll download it to see how far capcom has gurther murdered the series after Re4

murdered it?

They've cut its hand and feet off and removed its teeth to avoid identification....

and...... I keep saying this..... the controls STINK!!!

What do you want? You want RE to return to a big mansion? You want RE to return to tank controls?

The origin of the T virus was set up to come from Africa so the setting of RE5 should be significant for the story. What exactly do you want?

I would absolutely LOVE an oldschool RE. Not with the same controls, but more like Lost Odyssey handles them during the dungeons/cities.

I'm glad the story will be more linked to the old games than RE4 though.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@windbane

I want a game that "works"..... its broken.

Ok, but you also say that RE4 and RE5 have deviated from the supposed golden days of RE.  How does that apply to the controls because RE4 were the best controls in the series until RE5.

NJ5, what's wrong with the knife part?  I thought it was the same as RE4, but perhaps I've wrong.

@kowenicki

they got arrogant n thought RE4 controls >> ALL

Its literally a poor man's GEOW right now...seriously

GEOW released 2 years ago n it FEELS much better than RE5.

CAPCOM STILL has time....commercials on TV havn't begun

they can DELAY it quickly still!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

RE5 = RE4 HD. The Gameplay Mechanics haven't evolved with the industry. RE4 was amazing imo, but that was in 2004........

windbane said:
kowenicki said:
@windbane

I want a game that "works"..... its broken.

Ok, but you also say that RE4 and RE5 have deviated from the supposed golden days of RE. How does that apply to the controls because RE4 were the best controls in the series until RE5.

NJ5, what's wrong with the knife part? I thought it was the same as RE4, but perhaps I've wrong.

As I said I played the Wii version, where you could make a swinging motion to swing the knife (but you could use buttons too, just I forget which one/ones). Meaning you didn't have to press any buttons beforehand and then you could go on and keep moving much faster. The 360's controls for the knife in RE5 are terrible (left button + right trigger), don't know about the PS3 version.

@darthdevidem01: I played Gears of War and I can tell you that game felt boring next to the RE5 demo. You seriously don't want Geow controls here, do you?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

So you guys just want to move while you shoot? Type C and D seem to work like other games until you aim.

Do you guys feel like this is trending towards a 5/5 review score, based upon the demo?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

... not impressed

my friends keep saying GET RE5 IT OWNS 4 WAS PWNAGE

but i didnt really enjoy playing this demo :/..

Guess its not my genre! :D

^My opinion..

dbot said:
Do you guys feel like this is trending towards a 5/5 review score, based upon the demo?

It already has a 5/5 from OPM.....

Barozi said:
dbot said:

It already has a 5/5 from OPM.....

I guess that was the basis of my question.  I was surprised when it received a perfect score.  I think many of us have some issues with the demo.  I think the game has some promise, but I don't get the impression it is a 5/5.  I was disappointed with the demo.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.