By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Demo Is Up On EU Store!!!

@ameratsu

ofcourse I have played

933mb of wasted space & half an hour of wasted downloading time.....how can I ever forget those two things

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I never expected to see so many people intensely against this game, much less after I played it. The controls are not great, but it's still surprising to see.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
I never expected to see so many people intensely against this game, much less after I played it. The controls are not great, but it's still surprising to see.

Guess many people just expected a bit more improvement after the great onslaughter of better controlled TPSs the last couple of years. I haven't had time to play yet, but I will get around to it once I get home.

I haven't been this disapointed by a sequel since Jak II and at least Jak II was a great game.

@NJ5

did you not see the HYPE for the game

it was tremendous

HUGE HYPE n then disappointment is absolutely terrible

remember the GTA 4 backlash (even though it was nowhere near as this great)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Well, from my time with it, I'm buying this instead of Killzone 2.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

darthdevidem01 said:
@NJ5

it was tremendous

But it's not that bad. I mean the controls are the same or slightly worse than RE4 (GC/PS2), and some people don't like the co-op. That's it, did I miss something? I can understand some disappointment, but not this much.

Rainbird said:
NJ5 said:

Guess many people just expected a bit more improvement after the great onslaughter of better controlled TPSs the last couple of years. I haven't had time to play yet, but I will get around to it once I get home.

Having played both this and Gears of War, I'm glad it's not the same. Run and gun would probably make this game boring.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

ameratsu said:
Well, from my time with it, I'm buying instead of Killzone 2.

At the moment, same for me. However, I may ger killzone 2 if the demo is really good, or I may even just stick with RE5.

I'm glad Capcom have said that the game won't feature run and gun controls.

Just need to wait for the full version. 5th of March for Asia, 13th for everyone else...

NJ5 said:

the controlls arent 100% bad or anything, its just they could have been better. i mean everything is str8 4ward etc. all the moves etc i had no prob with. its just them type of controls mixed with the specific game mechanics that res5 have dont hold to well.

eg on the 1st section when u get swarmed. u go outside the hut and there are to many zombies, when u aim ur char takes up a lot of screen, it was just to busy on screen for them type of controls. u run away and try turn round and its hard to get shots in. i just used shotgun simply because u dont have to aim that much. mabey its just me. but i wont buy this new. mabey a preowned copy down the line

i hold my opinion that game will flop. it wont flop commercially or anything, but ppl who buy it will be a tad dissapointed. the control system should have leant the game to be a survival horror, like previous res games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

NJ5 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@NJ5

it was tremendous

But it's not that bad. I mean the controls are the same or slightly worse than RE4 (GC/PS2), and some people don't like the co-op. That's it, did I miss something? I can understand some disappointment, but not this much.

Rainbird said:
NJ5 said:

Having played both this and Gears of War, I'm glad it's not the same. Run and gun would probably make this game boring.

I agree. I also think that implementing run and gun controls would make it too easy. There'd be no tension as you could just back step while shooting...then people would be complaing "it's too easy!" and "the enemies are so stupid, they just walk at you!!" lol