By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games Site Reviews You Most Respect?

Edge,Eurogamer and Giant Bomb.I find they're less likely to buy into hype than sites like IGN and Gamespot.

Around the Network

I used to think IGN was good. But then they gave No More Heroes under 8. That's when I realized they look for polish + achievements/trophies more than fun factor.

Now i just use gamerankings.

VGchartz review is pretty good too though :p

IGN

4 ≈ One

I read IGN reviews for my buying decisions//then I realized that one reviewer could be biased to that game and others thought the game was decent.

I just go to gamerankings.com//and basically read all the reviews that are listed. I usually read Gaming Age or Gaming Chronicles for their opinion on the game.

VGChartz, Zero Punctuation, Penny Arcade

Around the Network

IGN.com

I will also add//Gametrailers is awesome a pretty good source considering you can see the game in action and also the dude is filling in the insight on the game i.e. flaws and such.

kowenicki said:
Edge (totally unbiased in everything they do)
Eurogamer

They gave Resistance 2 a 6 and Halo 3 a 10. Actually, both of them gave Halo 3 a 10.

I would have to say IGN. It's the only review site I trust anymore. I used to trust GameSpot, but Tools of Destruction was the final blow against their credibility.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

hmm, gamespot, sometimes ign but i have never really liked that site. i know it is not a website but i liked electronic gaming before it got shut down

For me it's IGN.
I knoe some people don't like them and maybe they are a little picky, but lately that style has pretty much paralleled my opinions of the games I've played.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself