By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wow. I just finished prince of persia (Spoilers)

Wow ! What a great game. I am truly surprised. I had imagined something along the lines of the older 3d prince of persia games.. but it's nowhere even close. This game looks stunning and plays extremely well. It's forgiving enough while it still poses a strong challenge. There are puzzles, exploration and combat. It has all the things you would expect, and it has them in a extremely well executed manner.

The story is exciting een though you can expect certain things in it. For instance the fact that (spoilers ARRR incoming) elika having to sacrifice herself to defeat the bad guy and keep him imprisonned.

I really like the gameplay, it's seemless fast, the world is huge and yet it doesn't seem to hard and it doesn't take too long to go anywhere.

Overall i have to say that the new prince of persia is so much better then the old games, in my opinion that they can't even be compaired. And yes, i am speaking of the 3d games. I didn't like them too much, story seemed interesting, but they had a tendency to get frustrating at some point (though i lend that partially to the fact that i was playing them on a pc with a keyboard and not a controller)

I would very much like to see if ubisoft will make a sequal. It seemed they had expected more sales from the title but i hope that doesn't hinder them in making the next one.. because i definately wanna know what happens.. The game does give you kind of a "wow.. pointless" feeling when you rescue the girl in the ending and sets the bad guy free.. i mean.. okay ? you just spend all that time keeping him inprisonned and now that you finally have it done.. you set him free ?

I can understand with the girl and all.. and i actually like the idea more than the alternative.. you know, him leaving him dead, going for the donkey.. both endings work, but this one is more... er.. humane ? XD anyways :P..

I just wanted to leave my thoughts on the game as i was surprised.. I certainly hadn't expected to like it as much as i did.. or anywhere near that actually.

What do you think of it ?

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

^^yeah i had to review the game and it was a pleasant surprise

Initiating social expirement #928719281

I wasn't as impressed as I think you were. It was a good game, but made a couple of errors that were pretty damning for my overall enjoyment.

First is that the game is too easy, with the no death system in place I never really had to plan out my acrobatics. And unfortunately, planning out and then succeeding in an acrobatic run was one of the things I enjoyed most about the first 3d PoP.

Second, it had some bugs with Elika and switches, when you needed her help to turn a dial she would stay at one dial for a while or not figure out what you wanted to do when you were trying to turn a dial. This can get exasperatting when you have to switch between 3 different dials to try and solve a puzzle as she was constantly delaying what I wanted to do.

Third, ending sucked. Ending sucked so much and I hate them for making a "oooo, wait for the sequel" ending and being so GD obvious about it as well as making a fake choice that you didn't actually get to decide. Personally, I wanted to say "fuk you Elika, I'm gonna go get my donkey and not release the god of evil" but that wasn't an option.

Like I said, a good game even with these issues, but not great.

First is that the game is too easy, with the no death system in place I never really had to plan out my acrobatics. And unfortunately, planning out and then succeeding in an acrobatic run was one of the things I enjoyed most about the first 3d PoP.
i hated that about the old games, so that's probably why i really like it with the new ones. I have little patience as i play games for the story and evolution of the game and hate to be stuck during some odd gameplay segment. I even found a select few of the acrobatics you had to do annoying because you had to do 10-20 things over again if you didn't do it right :p
Second, it had some bugs with Elika and switches, when you needed her help to turn a dial she would stay at one dial for a while or not figure out what you wanted to do when you were trying to turn a dial. This can get exasperatting when you have to switch between 3 different dials to try and solve a puzzle as she was constantly delaying what I wanted to do.
lol yea.. i found that a bit annoying too :p not a big thing though.
Third, ending sucked. Ending sucked so much and I hate them for making a "oooo, wait for the sequel" ending and being so GD obvious about it as well as making a fake choice that you didn't actually get to decide. Personally, I wanted to say "fuk you Elika, I'm gonna go get my donkey and not release the god of evil" but that wasn't an option.
lol. Thing i didn't like about the ending is the fact that it sorta makes all your efforts throughout the game.. well.. pointless..
Like I said, a good game even with these issues, but not great.

Answers in bold

Its a very good game - in fact i played it thrice just to see the environmental changes and how it would affect gameplay and loved every moment of it

Positives
1. Elika
2. No death
3. On Demand dialogue
4. Environment
5. Graphics
6. Combat (loved the combo combinations)
7. Story / Character development
8. Ending (opinion)
9. Open world
10. Magic Plates (just gets a little getting used to)

There were some negatives though
1. Difficulty
2. Auto wallrun, auto double jump etc...
3. Not enough puzzles
4. Not enough fights
5. In my final playthrough, I completed the game in 6 hrs :(

Ben matters in an interview with IGN said he would continue with a sequel if the game sold well.... and it has not sold very well...

But we do have DLC's coming on 26th Feb and it is supposed to be much more difficult - fingers crossed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/prince-of-persia-dlc-dated-detailed

Around the Network

I was very surprised by this game as well. I never got a chance to play any of the previous installments but I found this game to be a great platformer. I feel mostly the same as everyone else here. I found the ending made all the work I had done basically pointless, but I like cliffhanger "Empire Strikes Back" endings for some reason. I always have. I like to feel dispair at the end of a movie or game, exspecially when that dispair leads to a sequal that ties everything together in a well implemented manner like Star Wars and not Pirates or Matrix. For some reason, I bonded with the prince and Elika more then I usually do with characters in video games. While many were put off by the dialouge, I found myself liking the characters because of it and even wanting the characters to get together which I rarely ever feel. Don't know why. I liked that the platforming was fluid but it could have been harder in parts. I disagree with people who complain how you can't die though. All it does is save you from having to reload a save after missing a platforming section which is great. It would have been better had the platforming been harder. But can someone explain to me how it's any different then having to having to reload a save? Except for in boss fights, I hated it then.

PS3 Trophies

sunil247 said:
Its a very good game - in fact i played it thrice just to see the environmental changes and how it would affect gameplay and loved every moment of it

Positives
1. Elika
2. No death
3. On Demand dialogue
4. Environment
5. Graphics
6. Combat (loved the combo combinations)
7. Story / Character development
8. Ending (opinion)
9. Open world
10. Magic Plates (just gets a little getting used to)

There were some negatives though
1. Difficulty
2. Auto wallrun, auto double jump etc...
3. Not enough puzzles
4. Not enough fights
5. In my final playthrough, I completed the game in 6 hrs :(

Ben matters in an interview with IGN said he would continue with a sequel if the game sold well.... and it has not sold very well...

But we do have DLC's coming on 26th Feb and it is supposed to be much more difficult - fingers crossed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/prince-of-persia-dlc-dated-detailed

Yea i thought the dialogue and the way it was presented was awesome. The game chars also had a lot of charm and were likable.

It doesn't look like it sold too bad though... atleast according to vgchartz.

Prince of Persia Ubisoft 1,408 8.4 0.86m 05th Nov 08

Prince of Persia Ubisoft 710 N/A 0.76m 23rd Jan 09

With the pc version not being tracked. This is about 1.5 million alone.

Why this game was a pile of shit:

Gameplay-
You press A 10 feet near a ledge and you start a cut-scene where you have to press either A or B (sometimes they add in a plate twist!) within a 3(!!!) second time frame window. That's it... nothing more, don't have to aim yourself or anything, jsut press A a bunch of times. Combat is the same combo over and over, with the exception when they go into a stance, then you just cut a small part of the HUGE combo and just start it off midway through. Overall, HORRIBLE gameplay.

Storytelling-
Retarded way of telling it mostly due to the format of the game. Most of the talking between the 2 chars was retarded.

I liked the graphics a lot and if it wasn't for them I would have played half the time I spent playing this game before getting bored out of my mind and infuriated with how retarded PoP games have become.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I really enjoyed it. Though it was easy, I found it really nice and relaxing to play, just sit back and watch the pretty environments, I also quite liked the achievements, did not take me too long to get them all!

Anyway, I thought the ending was interesting, I would have liked them to give me a chance to wander off into the desert, as I did not really feel that strongly for Elika and I would have been perfectly happy to wander off into the desert, but of course they can only really have one ending for the next game, which I am looking forward to.

In my opinion, the platforming is just different to something like Mirror's Edge, ME is all about instinct, and in that game you will die a lot, but when it comes off and you get a smooth run through it is fantastic. In Prince of Persia, as there is no punishment for death, and it is pretty easy to avoid dying you can just go through without any fear of death, and so though it is nice to look at, it is not quite as rewarding as ME can be, but then again it is less frustrating: I like them both, but it just depends on whether you prefer something less intense, that can become a little monotonous, but does not get annoying, apart from those QTEs !!!!!

More details on the dlc

San Francisco - January 29, 2009 - Today Ubisoft revealed new details about Prince of Persia Epilogue Downloadable Content (DLC). Scheduled to release for consoles February 26, 2009, Prince of Persia DLC continues the story of the Prince and Elika with a brand-new epic adventure. Game features include:

New Region: The Underground Palace - A corrupted underground palace from which the Prince and Elika need to escape in a new epic journey.

New Power: Energize - Reconstruct destroyed areas of the environment to create a path and rush through it before it vanishes.

New high pace: The new trap challenge - The Prince and Elika will face more cunning foes, cleverer traps and level design, adding more to the difficulty level in over 3 hours of gameplay.

New Attack: Sprinting Clash - A duel move that lets you or the enemy trigger a sprint attack, charging towards each other, clashing your weapons fiercely.

New Unlockable Skins: Finish the game and unlock exclusively, from the early development of the game, the Prototype characters of the Prince and Elika.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/208712/new-prince-of-persia-epilogue-dlc-details-emerge/