By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OPM RE5 REVIEW ARRIVES -- 5/5!

For those of you that don't trust reviewers, what the hell do you rely on to buy games? You just rent every single game to see if it's worth it? Give me a break.

Around the Network

Great score.

MontanaHatchet said:
dbot said:
MontanaHatchet said:
dbot said:
The demo was awful. Don't trust reviews. This went from a day 1 buy, to I don't even want to play it.

Yeah, better you trust someone who's played one or two levels in a demo over someone who's played the entire game.

So I should trust someone I don't know or base my judgement on personal experience?

@kitchensink - I fail for offering my opinion?  Nice, glad to see you can't have an opinion.

There are billions of people you don't know, does that mean you shouldn't trust any of them? If it's a person's job to review games, they're generally more trustworthy than any random person whose hobby is to play games. Not only that, but you were saying that we shouldn't trust the review because your opinion is so much better, despite the fact that you've only played the demo and the reviewer in question has played the whole game.

The don't trust the reviews statement may have been out of line.  Based on the demo I played, I don't see how it could get a perfect score.  That was all I was trying to say.  I was really disappointed with the demo.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

thekitchensink said:
dbot said:
The demo was awful. Don't trust reviews. This went from a day 1 buy, to I don't even want to play it.

Fail

I'm a huge fan of RE4, and I've played the RE5 demo at least 60 times (mostly coop with random people) and I love it.  I'm as much a fan of 0-3 as the next guy, but this style of gameplay just wipes the floor with them, in my opinion.

Also, no one who liked the original games has any right to complain about controls in ANY game XD

Basically, if you liked Resident evil 4, you'll love 5.

If you didn't like 4, why would you even expect to like Resident Evil 5? There'll not going to change an obviously winning formula.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

thekitchensink said:
dbot said:

Fail

I'm a huge fan of RE4, and I've played the RE5 demo at least 60 times (mostly coop with random people) and I love it.  I'm as much a fan of 0-3 as the next guy, but this style of gameplay just wipes the floor with them, in my opinion.

Also, no one who liked the original games has any right to complain about controls in ANY game XD 

yeah alot of bashing RE5 lately im not saying this game is a 5/5 but i think it well b a good game

Glad to C it not start off to a bad start

Play Me

Around the Network

They are forcing multiplayer on people, that alone should be 0.5 less

Shadowblind said:
thekitchensink said:
dbot said:

Fail

If you didn't like 4, why would you even expect to like Resident Evil 5? There'll not going to change an obviously winning formula.

Well if that's the case I'll gladly buy this game. But I want it to be a Resident Evil game not a shooter.

melbye said:
They are forcing multiplayer on people, that alone should be 0.5 less

'cuz you can't play the game on single-player, right?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Louie said:
Shadowblind said:
thekitchensink said:
dbot said:

Fail

Well if that's the case I'll gladly buy this game. But I want it to be a Resident Evil game not a shooter.

For what it's worth, if you thought RE4 felt like an RE game, you'll feel that way about this one.  It's basically the same thing, on a grander scale.  Hell, the very first action scene has you in a house, barricading doors and windows--sound familiar?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Maybe I don't wish to jump aboard, but I didn't feel that RE4 was the greatest thing ever so while I'm interested in RE5, I'm going to stay cautious about it until I play the demo this week when it's finally available on PSN.