By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation 3 to be N°1 in 2012 ?

November NPDs were released a few days ago showing strong momentum of the Playstation family during a period of economic uncertainty. Sony is clear on their way to sell their projected 10 million Playstation 3’s during the fiscal year.

During 2009, Sony sees a number of stunning titles only possible with the power of the Playstation 3. February 27th begins the launch of the graphical showboat Killzone 2, which will be followed up with InFamous, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Final Fantasy XIII (exclusive in Japan), and Gran Turismo 5. This amazing lineup of exclusives, coincidng with a potential price drop sometime in 2009, will mark a transitionary period for the Playstation 3’s sales.

2007 was the year of the PS3, along with 2008, and we’re happy to report that 2009 will be an even greater year of the PS3.

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=506

Around the Network

Flamebait.

I love SonyDefenceForce ... A website completely dedicated to making fun of PS3 fanboy's irrational optimism that PS3 fanboys often cite to defend their irrational optimism

Valkyria00 said:
Flamebait.

its from sonydefense...

ps3 ftw!

I think I almost sharted myself when I saw 2007, 2008, and 2009 year of PS3.

Around the Network

Ive seen this somewhere before.... though i think in the last one 2008 numbers for the ps3 were higher, and the wii had negative growth in the last years

also it makes em happy to see that the world economy must improve in the second half of this year... its got to to move all those playstations

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

yea, ps3 will sell 100million this year I believe lol (not great January sales number though :( , but for sony fanboys anything is possible)

-$2000

Ya, your post is worth as much as you are.

Tease.

I prefer iSuppli to get my biased information.

Sure the PS3 will average slightly over 20 million consoles sold per year over the next four years even though it hasn't officially sold 20 million consoles yet LOL.