By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What can Fire Emblem learn from Valkyria Chronicles?

Fire Emblem has an incredibly long line of attractive characters, both male and female, that appeal to them in every single way, and that is the sole thing that makes it infinitely better than Valkyria Chronicles and its fugly shemale whorefags. Fire Emblem will change your sexuality each time a new character is recruited. Valkyria will make you barf your stomach acid out and cause tooth decay.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Around the Network

Nothing... Sega > Nintendo

~_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I don't think Fire Emblem can really learn anything from Valkyria Chronicles. I do however think that Fire Emblem could learn a thing or two from it's cousin Advance Wars.

Also, and this goes to just about every TBS in existence, Fire Emblem needs to ditch the mission-based structure. It's about time we got a world map to explore or at least a good method of interacting outside of fights. They don't all need to implement this, but somebody should, and FE seems like a perfect candidate. It's begging for a world map to explore.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I don't think Fire Emblem can really learn anything from Valkyria Chronicles. I do however think that Fire Emblem could learn a thing or two from it's cousin Advance Wars.

Also, and this goes to just about every TBS in existence, Fire Emblem needs to ditch the mission-based structure. It's about time we got a world map to explore or at least a good method of interacting outside of fights. They don't all need to implement this, but somebody should, and FE seems like a perfect candidate. It's begging for a world map to explore.

Battalion Wars for Wii is a pretty good game as well, but that's not a srpg though lol.

Incandescence said:

Fire Emblem has an incredibly long line of attractive characters, both male and female, that appeal to them in every single way, and that is the sole thing that makes it infinitely better than Valkyria Chronicles and its fugly shemale whorefags. Fire Emblem will change your sexuality each time a new character is recruited. Valkyria will make you barf your stomach acid out and cause tooth decay.

What now? You don't like diversity?

One thing that Valkyria Chronicles does have is by far the largest variety in a cast for RPGs. You just don't see types like Jann, Dallas, and Ted.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

How not to suck? Seriously, Fire Emblem is horrible, but then again, I hate strategy games in general :P  VC is one of the few exceptions.

Nothing. Fire Emblem is perfect as it is, especially Radiant Dawn.

I've played VC and it's absolutely great, but it has nothing on Fire Emblem. It's the oldschool hardcore difficulty that's makes it so marvelous.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

How not to suck? Seriously, Fire Emblem is horrible, but then again, I hate strategy games in general :P  VC is one of the few exceptions.

Oh Reginald.... I disagree! Vroooom.

Family guy aside, I'd say the Wii fire emblem was the worst of all the Fire emblem games I've played. Not to say that it's bad, because it's awesome, but it was a little TOO huge. They couldn't even give the characters proper support conversations.  Fire Emblem requires you to be extremely careful about your descisions because of the permadeath system. As much as I hate it when someone dies, I love it.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Onyxmeth said:

Fire Emblem:  The Sacred Stones implemented this.  You could wander around the map, go to a special optional dungeon, and fight wandering monster battles.  IMO this was awful.  Part of the challenge of Fire Emblem is that you can't simply "grind" your way to victory.  There's no option to "level up more" if you run into a tough mission.  If you spend your money unwisely then it's gone.  The penalty for bad decisions is large.

If you provide the ability to fight more battles then you've taken a lot of the challenge away.  If you don't provide that then giving the player the ability to wander around a world is pointless.

As for VC and FE, I don't think they have anything to learn from one another.  Fire Emblem sure as heck doesn't need FMV cutscenes and full voice acting.  Fire Emblem doesn't sell insane amounts and upping the cost that much could severely damage the franchise.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Onyxmeth said:

Fire Emblem:  The Sacred Stones implemented this.  You could wander around the map, go to a special optional dungeon, and fight wandering monster battles.  IMO this was awful.  Part of the challenge of Fire Emblem is that you can't simply "grind" your way to victory.  There's no option to "level up more" if you run into a tough mission.  If you spend your money unwisely then it's gone.  The penalty for bad decisions is large.

If you provide the ability to fight more battles then you've taken a lot of the challenge away.  If you don't provide that then giving the player the ability to wander around a world is pointless.

As for VC and FE, I don't think they have anything to learn from one another.  Fire Emblem sure as heck doesn't need FMV cutscenes and full voice acting.  Fire Emblem doesn't sell insane amounts and upping the cost that much could severely damage the franchise.

This is why I enjoy FE so much.  Grinding is one of the reasons I dislike other SRPG's.  When I say other SRPG's, I mean Disgaea and FFTA.

Pixel Art can be fun.