By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What can Fire Emblem learn from Valkyria Chronicles?

yea, instant perma death is great. How else am I to kill off all the horrid characters like Fiona or Meg. I can't be bothered to wait 3 turns to make sure they are dead.

Anyways, I agree, there is nothing that FE should take from VC. I loved VC, but FE is the definition of hard SRPGs, whereas VC is a new take on the genre. If you tried to shoehorn in any of VC's game mechanics then you'd end up breaking FE.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Well i am a huge Fire Emblem fan, and i havent played VC so i wont be able to answer this question. But personally i like what FE has to offer, i dont really care about the graphics, they good enough on the Wii (could be much better) but its a strategy game. I really enjoy the story, the characters and how challenging game can be, for me FE is a great SRPG that deserves as much praise as VC.

Lolcislaw said:
Well i am a huge Fire Emblem fan, and i havent played VC so i wont be able to answer this question. But personally i like what FE has to offer, i dont really care about the graphics, they good enough on the Wii (could be much better) but its a strategy game. I really enjoy the story, the characters and how challenging game can be, for me FE is a great SRPG that deserves as much praise as VC.

I'm pretty sure Sega would want to exchange a bit of that praise for some sales. Fire Emblem sold absolutely great for the niche genre it's in. 

BengaBenga said:
Lolcislaw said:

I'm pretty sure Sega would want to exchange a bit of that praise for some sales. Fire Emblem sold absolutely great for the niche genre it's in. 

Well maybe they should just remake/port this title to the Wii.

Lolcislaw said:
BengaBenga said:
Lolcislaw said:

Well maybe they should just remake/port this title to the Wii.

One of the most amazing parts of Valkyria Chronicles is its unique look and I don't think that would survive a port down to the Wii.