By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 for 150$ would outsell wii?

Jo21 said:
ps3 and the wii 100$ too much value.

hell people would get ps3 just for blu ray player.

360 doens't have that going on it would sell for a while but won't be sustained.

What ARE you talking about the thread is saying "what if 360 was $100 for the arcade and $150 for the pro"  I didn't even see PS3 in there lol.

OT: 360 would spike in sales for sure but at that price point vs the Wii I think Nintendo would just lower their price as they can undercut 360 anytime they feel like it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

This might not seem intuitive, but further large price reductions on the XBox 360 could actually hurt its sales ...

Being that the XBox 360 will soon pass the lifespan of the XBox, and rumours about the XBox 720 will begin to get a bigger following. It is possible that a $50 (or larger) price reduction to the Arcade, or $100 (or larger) price reduction to the premium, would result in people thinking Microsoft was clearing out inventory before they launched the XBox 720.

That and it reduces the perceived value of the 360.

No, as the GC showed last generation, lowering the price severely does not hugely increase sales.

if it wants to reach Wii level sales then it needs to come out with something like X-fit. That was such a genius move by Nintendo to capture a new market where it is no longer a gaming machine. I know a bunch of people who bought the Wii for that and they never play any other games (other than the bundled Wii Sports). I am just surprised that Activision or EA has not come up with these types of games yet. Look at how well all those music games with periperals sales. Heck MS can release an Arcade bundled with X-fit and it will be a hit to the moms.

no but i think microsofts gaming division would go bankrupt

Around the Network

Dont think so.

superryo said:
if it wants to reach Wii level sales then it needs to come out with something like X-fit. That was such a genius move by Nintendo to capture a new market where it is no longer a gaming machine. I know a bunch of people who bought the Wii for that and they never play any other games (other than the bundled Wii Sports). I am just surprised that Activision or EA has not come up with these types of games yet. Look at how well all those music games with periperals sales. Heck MS can release an Arcade bundled with X-fit and it will be a hit to the moms.

That's such a simplistic look at Wii Fit.

Even if Microsoft had come out with "X-Fit" before nintendo did, it wouldn't have been the kind of success Wii Fit was. Why? Because the Wii hardware was specifically designed as a "white good". It has exchange male 18 - 35 values for female values. It has exchanged GPU power for an early value offering, being $249 from the start. It exchanges a powerful CPU for a quiet, sleek console. It attracted a "family" image rather than the cool male image.

Microsoft will have to adapt to the new values before it can start tapping the expanded audience. I expect them to attempt to do that next generation.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

no i made a thread in why is the wii so popular and sells so well the responses that i got had some pretty good points

so i don't think it well maybe in the beginning of the price drop but the sales will die down after awhile

It's not the price that makes the system sell it's wat it has to offer just look at the GC and 64

Play Me

Certainly not. The 360 would gain lots of sales, but mostly taken from potential PS3 buyers.

If it did start to affect the Wii, Ninty could release different colours, bundles or a price drop

easy...