By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 for 150$ would outsell wii?

If the 360 pro price was 150 $ and core version was 100$ do you think it would outsell wii? I know it's hardly going to happen but if happened 360 could still having a chance to win this generation?

Around the Network

no, but I think it would sell substantially more than what it is doing right now....the wii offers a different experiencing than the 360 and that's what alot of people want (especially the people new to gaming)

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Everyone was saying when it just got the last price cut that it could surpass the Wii weekly, it's not even selling half of the Wii weekly hardware sales I dought another price cut would do much to get close to the Wii in sales. We just got to face it, the Wii's in it's own world and the PS360 is in another.

It would for a while. But it wouldn't be sustained. People buy consoles for specific wants, the 360 isn't going to have the values that the Wii has used to be the market leader this generation.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Most people buying a Wii want Wii Sport and Wii Fit, they do not want an XBox. It is not a matter of price.

Around the Network

Wii has too much momentum.

but it would vastly outsell the PS3.

Sales would certainly increase but not to Wii levels. (maybe near)

Possibly, but not likely. This is all hypothetically speaking of course. Realistically, Microsoft will probably never be able sell the 360 at $100. At that point they'd be breaking the base manufacturing cost of the system and selling it at a permanent and unrecoverable loss.

Possibly, but the thing to keep in mind is that Nintendo could probably afford to drop their prices just as easily if not more then Microsoft and would likely not sit by while their competitor drops their price so drastically.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

The 360 could be $100 and probably still wouldn't outsell the Wii.
As other people have said, most people want the Wii just for Wii Sports and Wii Fit.

Microsoft could steal probably some of the Wii audience but a majority of them are people who only buy a few of the games and were once non-gamers. If anything Microsoft is mainly out there to get people to buy a 360 over a PS3, so they'll focus on getting more of the PS3 owners or non PS3 owners to buy a 360.

It's just that simple.