By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 for 150$ would outsell wii?

I doubt it. I'm sure the wii price will come down first. When wii gets a price cut, it will officially rule the world. :)

Around the Network
cheese_man said:
I doubt it. I'm sure the wii price will come down first. When wii gets a price cut, it will officially rule the world. :)

That is the supreme truth. I bet when the ps3 gains more traction they'll drop price.

It might outsell it the first week of the price drop... In america. Definetly not worldwide. Hell, it might outsell the wii in america for a couple weeks. The ps3 will look terrible, price wise if microsoft did an ad campaign focusing on this. They would most definetly capitalize.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
It might outsell it the first week of the price drop... In america. Definetly not worldwide. Hell, it might outsell the wii in america for a couple weeks. The ps3 will look terrible, price wise if microsoft did an ad campaign focusing on this. They would most definetly capitalize.

I agree, It would certainly show the PS3 up but still wouldn't pass the Wii long term, the Wii is gaining on its five minute wonder gimmick controls, it won't last forever though, next generation should see nintendo knocked back down a few places thank god!

FKNetwork said:
Strategyking92 said:

I agree, It would certainly show the PS3 up but still wouldn't pass the Wii long term, the Wii is gaining on its five minute wonder gimmick controls, it won't last forever though, next generation should see nintendo knocked back down a few places thank god!

And you being God knows everything.

It is wrong in a way to compare the 360 with the gamecube in terms of being the cheapest console of their respective gen.

A product can be cheap and but that doesn't mean it will be in demand by the masses ( gamecube )

or can be the cheapest and still be desirable ( xbox360 ).

360 sales will improve at that price but I doubt it will outsell the wii in any given week, but who knows..

I doubt it will happen though. MS isn't going to drop prices because fanboys want them to (I'm not calling you or anyone here a fanboy). 

MS is in the gaming business but business ain't no game.

These are difficult times in the financial world.

They can no longer throw away money and have the "win at any cost mentality".

The recent annoucement of cutting their staff is testament to that. They are watching the pennies.

Around the Network

no b/c it still couldnt tap into teh pop the wii has

not to mention that nin is still a business and if the 360 dropped thta low nin could answer with its own price drop and a few new colors that would make even a 50 360 seem like a waste

360 would sell more, but would it outsell Wii? The risk is of becoming the cheapest one, but not the best-selling one. I'm not sure MS is so eager to know the answer.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I think the xbox360 is stealing a few Wii sales at its price point right now. Not massive numbers but i feel there is some overlap where they are competing and Wii is losing some potential customers to Xbox360. It would definitely be close if Microsoft lowered price hypothetically. There would be a chance Microsoft would steal more. Realistically though, it just wouldn't happen. Nintendo would drop their prices too if they felt they were under threat. Am surprised they haven't announced a price cut recently anyway. Especially in Japan. I feel Nintendo can undercut Microsoft, too.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I think it would get any hardcore fan who only owns a Wii to get one. It MIGHT catch the casual market next holiday season. However, financially, I think it would be too big a financial loss for MS to drop the prices that low. Even the GC only dropped to $100 retail. I think the cheapest MS can go with the pro version is MAYBE $200.