By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Billionaire gives you $500 million and says: "Here..make a great game!"

Khuutra said:
xbebop said:

I would make KOTOR 3, 4, 5, etc.

I would fund the first game with $150 Million. Bioware would develop it, I'd get John Williams to compose an entirely new soundtrack for the game, get the best voice actors on the market, hire Timothy Zahn to write the story, and it would have Crysis-esque graphics, with Star Wars movie-esque CGI cutscenes(in fact, I'd might as well hire ILM for those).

Replace Timothy Zahn with Chris Avellone and you'll be on to something great.

Isn't Chris Avellone a designer? Timothy Zahn is one of the best Science Fiction writers out there at the moment.

Around the Network

I think most studios answer to #1 is: use some money to buy drugs and start the brainstorming process.  Not sure how else these people think of some of these games.

I'd buy Volition and have them make 4 games.

The first game would be a SOCOM-like game but the way the missions start are like real SEAL missions - either with a briefing on an aircraft carrier or a submarine. You'd deploy via aerial or sea insertion - do your job - and be extracted via speedboat or aerial.

The second game would be a RPG - an HD version of Secret of Mana

The third game would be a SWAT team game - open sandbox for a large city - and you get missions from headquarters. It's not like True Crime - more like GTA but very open ended. You can have relationships - eat food - and you improve your police skills with training - or cheats.

The fourth game would be photographer game. You are let loose in Australia - or the Galapagos Islands - and you have an SUV and can takes shots of wildlife. You earn $$$$ for each shot - and use your $$$ for upgrades. You can even do underwater shots.

The Wii game would be a surfing game using the WiiFit board. I am talking about a real surfing game.

1.Hire programmers and artists, Nobuo Uematsu to do the soundtrack, and Tetsuya Nomura to design the characters with me writing the story, dialogue and designing the game. For extra measure, hire Hideo Kojima to help me with the cutscenes(I would still be in control though so no 45 minute cutscenes).

2.Make an action adventure game with RPG elements including customization, party members and a level up system with a very deep story. The combat system would be in real time. I would also make sure the game has groundbreaking visuals just because I would be able to do so with $500 million

With the rest of the money, I would make another game or two:
A first person shooter set in modern United States with subtle sci fi elements.
A Western RPG with the concept of time traveling.

xbebop said:
Khuutra said:
xbebop said:

I would fund the first game with $150 Million. Bioware would develop it, I'd get John Williams to compose an entirely new soundtrack for the game, get the best voice actors on the market, hire Timothy Zahn to write the story, and it would have Crysis-esque graphics, with Star Wars movie-esque CGI cutscenes(in fact, I'd might as well hire ILM for those).

Isn't Chris Avellone a designer? Timothy Zahn is one of the best Science Fiction writers out there at the moment.

Avellone is responsible for the story of The Sith Lords, so make o that what you will.

Around the Network

Might as well give me $500m to write a broadway show, launch a man into space, or shit gold.

Khuutra said:
xbebop said:
Khuutra said:
xbebop said:

Avellone is responsible for the story of The Sith Lords, so make o that what you will

I love TSLs story, but I'll take the guy that wrote the Hand of Thrawn trilogy any day of the week.

xbebop said:
Khuutra said:
xbebop said:
Khuutra said:
xbebop said:

Avellone is responsible for the story of The Sith Lords, so make o that what you will

I love ToSs story, but I'll take the guy that wrote the Hand of Thrawn trilogy any day of the week.

Then we must kung fu fight!

I would give the money to Nintendo and tell them to make an epic game and put my name in the credits, and ask to meet Shigeru Miyamoto.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I make a vampire game where you kill zombies, werewolves, and other vampires.

I make Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 2 in full GTA3D, with a gothic overtone and an open world. It would have that Fallout 3 type gameplay where stuff happens in front of your eyes and you can choose to engage in them or not.

You could fight a group of marauding vampires after a young virgin girl, and when you fight other vampires, you would go into bullet time, and rip them apart with sword, whip, or fists.

The human world would be unaware of your underground activities, and you can run faster than the eye can see. You could be good or evil. Defeat Dracul or become him.

3rd person shooting, stealth, car simulation on foot, bullet time, vamire powers, whip DMC melee.

The screenplay would be written by Anne Rice.

Your character would be a Dampir.

Eventually, you could fly, jump like Crackdown, and save or enslave the world, which would change according to your actions.

Game progress would be GTAIV main mission based, with side quests more similar to Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.

You could, of course shapeshift, but you can also get diseases like lycanthrope, which would make you take the shape of a wolf, bear, or other animial against your will, from time to time. Small touches like this make a game.

The SanFrancisco Bay Orch, and the Phil Harm sound teams would work together in a collaboration with Dragonforce and Kirk Hammet, to do the instrumental soundtrack.

David Hater would voice the main character, Alucard, and other famous actors, like Robert Downey Jr and Tom Cruise(who has worked with Rice before) would voice various other characters in the game.

The game would also come with a plethora of licenses techno, jpop, emo, punk, and metal music available via ipod, along with custom soundtracks.

There would be no multiplayer. Who needs it. The game would be massive, with many usermods and expansion packs in the works.

The teams at Blizzard, Infinity Ward, Clover Studios, and Nintendo would work together in a joint effort to handle everything from the artstyle to the minigames, and every detail would be maticuliously mulled over by game, movie, and book critics alike before the final product was released on shelves.

Particular attention would be paid to the control scheme, and its intuitiveness, along with the real time menu system, and frame rates.

Graphics would of course, be top notch.

Best game ever.

Damn. How long have you had this idea in your head?!