By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Something surprising in the NA software Sales

But wot u predict will sell more Lifetime.. Socom or Resistance 2.. currently Resistance is ahead by some 120k..

Around the Network

I'm doing the site review for R2 just pointing that out.

I have nothing to say about Socom sales except that they are surprisingly strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Bluetooth headset used for cell phones and PS3 games is a main reason. Also it got patched recently remember?

Also there were some sales from stores near my place, 29.99 for socom and 49.99 with the headset.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

socom doesn't surprise me i bought it just for the headset and scraped the game

i don't know Y R2 isn't doing better

PS is known for more of a 3rd person shooter, action console than a FPS i hope KZ2 doesn't follow the same fate as R2 though as i will b buying that for its cover system

Play Me

And I think I should point that a lot of stores are discounting it.

I got mine for $37.00 new from a Blockbuster!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

well i think socom brand loyalty in past entries is a factor in its sales.

As for Resistence 2, I dont know. It should have performed better but I guess the low install base plus Gears 2 and COD stealing its thunder might have helped.

only reason i bought socom was for the headset. i was getting a headset no matter what so why not try socom for 20 bucks? hated it sold it.. ended up with the headset for 30 bucks. i really think the headset pushes sales for that game. it did for me.

kowenicki said:
free headset helps probably.... ??

My Reasons (the first one thanks to you)

1. Free Sony official headset

2. SOCOM name is huge (even with bad reviews)

3. Its only $40 without the headset where as Resistance 2 is the full $60

The new SOCOM is a good game. Many of the reviews may have been applicable at the time, but they aren't anymore. The online has been fixed, so the reviews that trashed it almost solely for having laggy online is now moot. SOCOM has a ridiculously dedicated fanbase, and perhaps they see the game works now. Honestly, I played them all and it's not bad at all. I love it, it's pretty unique. SOCOM 3 was pretty fail though, damn vehicles!

But this one is good now.