By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game system will you think will get the best exclusives of 2009?

Best is objective, but if you go by sheer number the Wii wins by a landslide.

360 Tag - narfwack

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

PS3. It's not even close, really. I expect another clean sweep of the GoTY awards.

Really?  How can you expect that?

Well, I can't think of anything that can compete Killzone 2, let alone God of War III as far as exclusives go, unless Alan Wake turns out really good or Nintendo announces a new Zelda or SMG 2.
This is just exclusives, though. I'm sure Bioshock 2, Modern Warfare 2 and RE5 will be strong contenders, too.

You mean as exclusive games I thought you meant games in general, though I think Mad World has a good chance to be honest it looks like it has that kind of mindless violence and blood that the editors and judges that do voting on GOTY awards like.  If TMNT Smash Up turns out as good as Smash Bros it'll be a contender for fighting game though it's still to be seen how Punch-Out will be, and Sin and Punishment 2 should be a really good shooter.

Fixed

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

PS3 Hands down

I own both a Wii and PS3 btw.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Out of announced stuff, obviously the Wii. It has an easier time securing exclusives, and a shorter development schedule in general, so it has more of a chance of growing exponentially throughout the year. If you look at Q1 and Q2 you can already see a large gap in quantity of titles that are expected to be good between the Wii and each of the HD consoles. 

I always hold out hope for the DS though as it seems to have a way of delivering each year. However with Treasure jumping ship to Wii, it's not likely. Here's what I have my eyes on:

(Bolded I wanted very badly)

Tenchu: Shadow Assassins
House of the Dead: Overkill
New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis
MadWorld
Marble Saga: Kororinpa
Ready 2 Rumble Revolution
Let's Tap
Boom Blox Bash Party
Need for Speed Nitro
Animales de la Muerte
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Punch-Out!!!
Sin and Punishment 2

TMNT Fighters
Wii Sports Resort
Bleach: Versus Crusade

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

scottie said:
@ makingmusic/Dallinor

You can pick some some examples of delayed games from any company. Even Nintendo, which has the lowest average for time between announcement and release, has some games that take ages to release. Kirby: Wii for example

Indeed you could.

We were just making a point.  Some people seem to believe that Microsoft announces all the major games for their console the same year in which they will be released.  This is for the most part not true. The only major game released on the 360 last year that was also announced last year was Gears of War 2 (similarly, Sony announced Resistance 2 and MotorStorm 2 last year, and Nintendo announced Animal Crossing).  Fable II and Banjo, however, were announced way back in 2006.  Lost Odyssey in 2005.

Nintendo is the only one of the big three that actually announces a large portion of their games close to release, and they only began this strategy a year or two back.

Around the Network

ps3, of course.

PLAYSTATION®3

Aiemond said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

PS3. It's not even close, really. I expect another clean sweep of the GoTY awards.

Really?  How can you expect that?

Well, I can't think of anything that can compete Killzone 2, let alone God of War III as far as exclusives go, unless Alan Wake turns out really good or Nintendo announces a new Zelda or SMG 2.
This is just exclusives, though. I'm sure Bioshock 2, Modern Warfare 2 and RE5 will be strong contenders, too.

You mean as exclusive games I thought you meant games in general, though I think Mad World has a good chance to be honest it looks like it has that kind of mindless violence and blood that the editors and judges that do voting on GOTY awards like.  If TMNT Smash Up turns out as good as Smash Bros it'll be a contender for fighting game though it's still to be seen how Punch-Out will be, and Sin and Punishment 2 should be a really good shooter.

Fixed

It's also mad by the Clover Platinum team that makes it a sure contender :D

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

lol Pikmin 3 enough said!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I have a question. If a game is PC/360 do we consider this to be a 360 exclusive among this console debate?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

360 easily so far followed by PS3 then Wii