By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How sony can sell more ps3s?

FishyJoe said:

Ebay would have reflected a healthy premium if used sales were in such demand. The number of ebay auctions would be increased as well.

Well I can voucher that most who have the BC ps3s do not wish to sell them. That kind of reduces the available consoles to even auctioned on ebay for starters. Also if people pay $600 for used BC ps3s doesn't mean they'd pay $700. everyone has a limit but the potential is there and sony needs to tap it.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

@NJ5 that doesnt explain why its still an issue for the PS3 and not the 360.

@Gnac i didnt think the 360 had BC with all Xbox games

If they increase the feature set at the current price (by adding BC) I think they may get a slight increase in sales.

I don't know that increasing the price (even if it is a "premium" SKU) is in Sony's best interest at all. They have already positioned themselves as the premium cost system, if they increased the cost even further, regardless of what they added, they would appear (IMO) to be showing the public that they don't care about the current economic situation, they only care about increasing their revenue. Not a statement I think Sony wants to make right now.

Gnac said:

They certainly need to get their advertising and PR in check. Drop the pretentiousness / shit-talking and get that nice Yoshida fellow in a position to make more important decisions.

Nice PR hasn't been famous for selling consoles either. this is not to say that stupid PR is good. It's simply saying that PR is not as relevant as you seem to think.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Vetteman94 said:

What do you mean by "its still an issue"?

When you suggested adding PS1 and PS2 games to the PSN store, you do realize those games still require either a working emulator (hardware or otherwise) or a port to the PS3, right?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

@Gnac i didnt think the 360 had BC with all Xbox games

Perhaps not all of them, but it's a major improvement over completely removing BC for one of the most popular consoles in recent times. If Sony puts that back in, they've got a sale from me (and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so).

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Pristine20 said:
FishyJoe said:

Ebay would have reflected a healthy premium if used sales were in such demand. The number of ebay auctions would be increased as well.

Well I can voucher that most who have the BC ps3s do not wish to sell them. That kind of reduces the available consoles to even auctioned on ebay for starters. Also if people pay $600 for used BC ps3s doesn't mean they'd pay $700. everyone has a limit but the potential is there and sony needs to tap it.

I argued a long time ago that removing BC was one of the biggest mistakes. However that boat has sailed. They can't keep flip flopping. At some point the number of different SKUs gets ridiculous.

Squilliam said:
Strategically Microsoft wishes to align the Console/PC worlds whereas Sony needs to keep them apart, to reduce Microsofts port potential. They need to release what we would define as console centric games which is where their powerbase is strongest.

How do you do that?  I have no clue how you make a game that the PC can not play, it is just such a adaptable platform.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

FishyJoe said:
Pristine20 said:
FishyJoe said:

I argued a long time ago that removing BC was one of the biggest mistakes. However that boat has sailed. They can't keep flip flopping. At some point the number of different SKUs gets ridiculous.

The number of SKUs is already ridiculous at this point. I don't think adding one more that people actually want would make things any more ridiculous than they already are.

BC can be a nice selling point if you have a lot of PS2 games you can see the PS3 as an upgrade. Still play our old games and get new ones when you can. Telling people their old games are not going to work does bring up the 360, since you can not use any old games. Plus the 360 now has many of Sony once exclusives. Still if they add it back in with out rasing cost, I think that would work better for them. Then agian that would upset anyone who has gotten a PS3 with BC and wanted it.