By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why all the hype for Killzone2?

I'm your average FPS player. I've enjoyed FPS's from Goldeneye 007 to Half-Life 2 to Resistance. 

But, I mean, really. What's with all this hype for this game? I'm sure it'll be another solid FPS but from what I see it seems like people are acting like this is a godsend. What is Killzone2 bringing to the FPS genre that's new and/or innovative?

Around the Network

Lean + Peak

as its so far the highest reviewed game of the year

+ after all the bashing SONY got after its initial CGI trailer

Killzone 2 seems to be living upto ALL THE HYPE shockingly enough

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

blazinhead89 said:
Lean + Peak

Explain?

tehsage said:
blazinhead89 said:
Lean + Peak

Explain?

Like Rainbow  Six, you can lean your head around corners and such.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
tehsage said:
blazinhead89 said:
Lean + Peak

Explain?

Was it like, done bad in Rainbow Six? Has it been improved in this game?

tehsage said:
JaggedSac said:
tehsage said:
blazinhead89 said:
Lean + Peak

Explain?

Was it like, done bad in Rainbow Six? Has it been improved in this game?

It was nothing special in RS.  I haven't played KZ2 so I cannot compare.

R6V went to a 3rd person pespective when in cover. IMO its the best implementaion of cover Ive seen in a game much better than Gears. From the vids of KZ2 I've seen cover is a lot more like Medal of Honor Airborne(highly underated game BTW) where you lean in first person. It was also very effective and ought to be fun in KZ2.

KZ2 hype baffles me, much like the halo 3 hype. there isn't much to get excited about.

Why not all the Hype? What else is there to be hyped about? Boom blox sequel? The way I see it is I loved Cod4 but need a new fix, a new online shooter. I also loved rainbow 6 vegas for it's cover and tactics and I like sci-fi futureistic films like Terminator and Blade Runner.

So Killzone is right up my alley, a futureistic, realistic, gritty, tactical first person shooter. And great physics and graphics to boot! With a nice cinematic finish : )