By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's next AAA game (90%)? Which will it be?

You fanboys are pathetic. Monster Hunter 3 - For certain? Lol.

The Conduit is a nice FPS for Nintendo-only players because they haven't played AAA status ones like COD4. The Conduit is a generic FPS, but it has a lot going for it at the same time. I doubt a 90%.

Deadly Creatures...No. Neither Fatal Frame.

Punch Out, and Madworld are the only ones left with potential for AAA status. I have high hopes for MadWorld, should be an awesome game.

Quiet Storm = Best Gatorade flavor EVER.

Around the Network

So AAA is not solely something reviewers like, and not reviews combined with really high sales? Or did that stop being the accepted term one reviews and Wii sales started diverging?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

well if u go by reviews of 90% probably until zelda, b/c there's always one site that will most likely find something wrong about the game..... mostly b/c it's on the wii...and everybody knows how the relationship between the media and the wii is.

Excuses like: Uses the wiimote motion too much.... or it doesn't use it enough. Things like that you know.

I don't understand how The Conduit doesn't have a chance of getting a 9/10. It's definitely going to be better than Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2 and that received an 8.4.

@Nets535
Stop being a fanboy. You can't say that The Conduit won't be as good as CoD4 because you haven't even played it. The controls in The Conduit will be vastly superior to that in Call of Duty. The Conduit has just as much of a chance to get a high score than any other FPS on the market. I'm sure, well, I hope that reviewers will grade the way it looks and plays based on the console it's on.

OT:

MadWorld, Deadly Creatures, Monster Hunter Tri, The Conduit, and any Nintendo titles have my bet so far.

And I bet by the end of the gen, the Wii will have the most AAA exclusives.

Nets535 said:
You fanboys are pathetic. Monster Hunter 3 - For certain? Lol.

The Conduit is a nice FPS for Nintendo-only players because they haven't played AAA status ones like COD4. The Conduit is a generic FPS, but it has a lot going for it at the same time. I doubt a 90%.

Deadly Creatures...No. Neither Fatal Frame.

Punch Out, and Madworld are the only ones left with potential for AAA status. I have high hopes for MadWorld, should be an awesome game.

I take a personal insult to your insinuation that I'm a fanboy.   If you are not as certain of the AAA status of Monster Hunter 3 as I am, that's fine but in no way does that entitle you to such allegements.

I don't think you are fully aware fo the production values and hype forming around MH3.  Perhaps you are and you're disregarding it based on previous Monster Hunter game sales in your territory.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
famousringo said:
If there was justice in this world, Wii Sports Resort.

There is no justice.

Khuutra said:
famousringo said:
If there was justice in this world, Wii Sports Resort.

There is no justice.

That supreme court guy?

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

@tehsage: *Facepalm*. Do you not know that all the critics that will grade The Conduit have played next gen superior FPS's like COD4 (except maybe Nintendo only magazines...)? The Conduit, while has an ambitious control scheme and great graphics going for it, doesn't have the twist to score in the 90% range. AAA FPS's are becoming less and less common these days where they don't set a very high standard for the genre. Customizable controls won't get it there, as we have already seen the superior control scheme of keyboard and mouse. Look, I'm not dissing The Conduit. No doubt it'll be great, but in no way will it score a 90% on Gamerankings or Metacritic within the first 3 months and beyond of it's release. You can even quote me on that.

@viper1: Do I really need to explain myself on this? Go look at the ratings of past MH games on Gamerankings and Metacritic and you will see they're just average games according to those scores. 1up crew and others agree that in true japanese fashion, not much has changed the series with the newest Wii game. So another rehash of the same formula won't win over critics. End of story.

Quiet Storm = Best Gatorade flavor EVER.

@Nets: I don't think that's a very good comparison. The Conduit is an arcade-style shooter in line with Doom or Duke Nukem, from what I can tell, with very specific goals in mind that means it's not competing with CoD4. Modern Warfare isn't "superior" just by virtue of its gameplay, not given what we know.

Though I agree it probably won't score above 90%.

wii sports resort has a chance depending on how effective motion+ is utilised. but before that id say maworld.possibly conduit, possibly S&P2

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia