By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's next AAA game (90%)? Which will it be?

IF The Conduit or MadWorld are as awesome as they seem, they could pull it off. Otherwise, I think Punch-Out!! may have a shot.

Around the Network

Maybe the new Boom Blox title? The previous one got a 85% Metacritic.

I believe it'll be MadWorld--it's gotten nothing but glowing praise so far. The conduit has a chance, but I think it'll be mid-80's, docked 5% all around for not having splitscreen and (just a feeling) that the story won't be interesting.

Also, Punch-Out has a chance.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Sin and Punishment 2 can't believe it hasn't been said yet

Maybe EA's Tiger Woods stands a chance if they nail the motion control.
I think Punchout has a chance if Nintendo elaborates on the original and caters to both the hardcore and casual.
The Conduit stands a chance just because it is the type of game that reviewers give high marks to.
Pikmin should get close as the original got and 8.9. Pikmin 3 stands a chance as well as both previous iterations practically got a 9.
Sin and Punishment 2 has a chance because it is from Nintendo and it it the kind of game that reviewers seem to give high marks to.
Madworld has a chance, but it will have to deliver beyond the novelty of the concept and the design.
And Wii Sports Resort stands no chance of getting 90%, but will outsell all previous games combined.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

killzone 2 is an AAA game? not in my world. the next AAA game on ps3 is sfiv.as for the wii i can t wait for madworld and punishment 2

Hasn't Tenchu IV gotten 9/10's so far?

If there was justice in this world, Wii Sports Resort.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

tehsage said:
Hasn't Tenchu IV gotten 9/10's so far?

It's only got one from Gameplayer.  Nintendo Power gave it a 7/10.

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

Deadly Creatures has some potential.
Monster Hunter 3 is certain.
MadWorld and The Conduit have some aspects of a AAA title with the hype and production values.
Don't forget punch-Out!! and Sin & Punishment 2.
Pikmin 3 has a high likelihood of being AAA.

Madden 2010, CoD:MW2, Boom Blox Blast Party, Wii Sports Resort also have a chance.

The rEVOLution is not being televised