By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 3 needs more than a 5GB installation

Man, I can't wait for optical-media based games to be replaced by downloads, then everyone would have to install their games.

Around the Network

I refuse to care until I know if/when it's coming to NA.

@Sam LOLOLOL good point! People will still bitch :3

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I don't mind the patches because 95% of the patches address issues with the online portions of the game. I suspect that anyone that is going to play the game online will have the ability to actually download the patch. The Bioshock patches for 360/PS3 were BS, but it happens.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

ChronotriggerJM said:
@Sam LOLOLOL good point! People will still bitch :3

so your going to be happy when you can no longer sell your games, or even rent them or trade them with your friends easily? You'll have to buy all your games for $60, and have little to no discounts unless it is complete crap. To bring them over a friends house you'll have to either carry the console, or the HDD and swap that in and out.

Until they figure out how to make DRM strict enough to prevent piracy, yet flexible enough that I can take my games wherever, discs will continue to be superior.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

@Nord Happy? Oh heaven's no. I'm a big fan of portable media ^_^ I don't collect much of anything (aside from dust) but I'm very passionate about my video games! I LOVE having the boxes displayed and what not. Which is another reason entirely why I'm obsessed with Blu-disc's and they're completely badass scratch resistance, but that's another story all together :P

I mourn the day we lose portable media :(

Why wouldn't you be able to rent games? You could just download them for a cheaper price with a time limit on them.

You can play 360 games that you've downloaded simply by unclipping the HDD and hooking it up to another 360. Doesn't take up much more space than 2-3 games, and they're going to shrink.

Or, if download speeds really take off, just stick your license on a memory stick and give it to someone else, and then they could download the title.

If the PS3 hard-drive was user swappable and easy like the Xbox 360 this wouldn't be such an issue for 20/40gb PS3 owners.

Before people cry at me, most people do not have a set of precision screw-drivers nor the willingness to open up their console. If they did they would have probably not bought the PS3 in the first place -> PC gamers! Or whatever.

Tease.

lol squill xD Most people at the time really didn't want to swap to a $100 20 gig hard drive :x But MS thought that was a good idea anyway. You could probably pay someone to do it for you and have a much larger hard drive than that for cheaper xD

Squilliam said:
If the PS3 hard-drive was user swappable and easy like the Xbox 360 this wouldn't be such an issue for 20/40gb PS3 owners.

Before people cry at me, most people do not have a set of precision screw-drivers nor the willingness to open up their console. If they did they would have probably not bought the PS3 in the first place -> PC gamers! Or whatever.

Uhm, what? I'm pretty sure that if you ask around the site, you will find a lot of people who upgraded their PS3 harddrives, and unless I am mistaken, you are saying that the people who would upgrade their PS3 harddrives would have spent their money on their PC instead of buying a PS3.

"Or whatever" indeed