By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 3 needs more than a 5GB installation

having installs for any game this gen, is complete bs. it is the worst possible idea that sony and the 3rd party studios came up with. if ppl out their would rather use up their hdd for a install , all the power to them. i would rather use my hdd for movies,demos and music. not on bs installs. for example 3gb install for bioshock and 4 gb for oblivion for ps3 and the 360 hardly uses any hdd space for those games and play the same as the ps3 versions. all 3rd party studios who make ps3 games should do like namco did with soulcalibur 4 on the ps3 gives u the option of doing the install. installs should always be a option and not under any circumstance be a must have. also the reason ppl have to upgrade their hdd's so much on the ps3 is because of these damn installs. i went and upgraded my ps3 hdd from 80hdd to 500hdd, because of all the ps3 games i am going to buy this year and i will need the space.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

That is a lot of space.

Rainbird said:
Squilliam said:
If the PS3 hard-drive was user swappable and easy like the Xbox 360 this wouldn't be such an issue for 20/40gb PS3 owners.

Before people cry at me, most people do not have a set of precision screw-drivers nor the willingness to open up their console. If they did they would have probably not bought the PS3 in the first place -> PC gamers! Or whatever.

Uhm, what? I'm pretty sure that if you ask around the site, you will find a lot of people who upgraded their PS3 harddrives, and unless I am mistaken, you are saying that the people who would upgrade their PS3 harddrives would have spent their money on their PC instead of buying a PS3.

"Or whatever" indeed

Im talking about them other people who arent hardcore/technically aware users who make up over 90% of the audience. For those people the 40gb HDD is a PITA.

Tease.

The audacity of you sony defenders????wow really???wowwwww most of you u are sooooooooooo deceitful and like living in dreamland SO IT IS A GREAT CRIME FOR XBOX 360 OWNERS TO CHANGE DISCS IN THE SECONDS IT TAKES BUT OK ALL OF A SUDDEN TO WAIT WHATEVER MINS TO START PLAY YOUR GAME???HMMMMMMM i mustbe in the twlightzone huh??ok,the install for an xbox 360 game is way shorter than a partial install on the ps3,PUT THAT IN UR PIPE AND SMOKE IT PLSSSSSSSS.the ones on here saying that they don,t mind waiting,but will attack the 360 are HYPOCRITES,ON THAT NOTE ENJOY YOUR SYSTEMS OF CHOICE EVERYONE,GAME ON.

RPG said:
Mandatory installs is the best thing to ever come this generation, it means the game can be streamed faster and load times are severly decreased. Killzone 2 has no installs but they are load times and I have seen people bitch about there not being a mandatory install.

I want a gorgeous 50GB install for FFXIII, no load times at all and on one glorious 50GB blu-ray disc. ;)

OPTIONAL install is fine.  But why do you need to subject others to using up harddrive space they don't want, out of the theory it makes YOUR graphics look better?  How does forcing me to install on my machine make your gameplay better?

Around the Network
DaGreatestHope said:
Consoles are becoming more like PCs nowadays.

After the NXE, many 360 fans began praising installations, saying it makes the game runs better.

A seemingly double standard to bash the PS3 for the same type of reason.

Personally, I dont care if the game installs or not. I can wait 5 to 20 min. no problem.

MANDATORY is the key word. I will tolerate longer load times to save harddrive space.  When I am done with the game, and had mandatory install, then my harddrive remains full of code, for a game I am not playing.

KylieDog said:
Squilliam said:
If the PS3 hard-drive was user swappable and easy like the Xbox 360 this wouldn't be such an issue for 20/40gb PS3 owners.

Before people cry at me, most people do not have a set of precision screw-drivers nor the willingness to open up their console. If they did they would have probably not bought the PS3 in the first place -> PC gamers! Or whatever.

Oh please the PS3 hard drive is simple to swap, it requires knowing how to turn a screw.  With normal screwdrivers, this precision need to make out is nonsense.

There is are simple easy to follow instructions on how to swap the hard drive, if they manage to set up a PS3 to a TV, they can manage that.  It isn't like pulling a PC apart.

Actually, when I went to upgrade the HDD in my PS3, the metal for the screw was really soft (well, for metal), which meant that the screw got damaged a little, and it would've been impossible (or very, very hard) to upgrade the HDD again.

Fortunatly, my PS3 broke and I got a replacement.

Yay for substandard products, the bain of capitalism.

KylieDog said:
richardhutnik said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Consoles are becoming more like PCs nowadays.

After the NXE, many 360 fans began praising installations, saying it makes the game runs better.

A seemingly double standard to bash the PS3 for the same type of reason.

Personally, I dont care if the game installs or not. I can wait 5 to 20 min. no problem.

MANDATORY is the key word. I will tolerate longer load times to save harddrive space.  When I am done with the game, and had mandatory install, then my harddrive remains full of code, for a game I am not playing.

So delete the install if you aren't going to play it.  What is the problem?

1. You have multiple games you are looking to play and return to.  You get stuck and decide to put it away awhile, and then return to it.  Do this for 5 or 6 games, and you could end up eating up at least 25% of your harddrive storage for that.

2. You will play through a game once and only once.  You sit through a long install process that can be used for gaming.\

3. You rent games, and want to see what the game is like to decide.  If you don't have to install, you then get to start faster and play.  

Again, OPTIONAL is a GREAT feature.  If you REQUIRE it, then what?

And what is the point of Blu-Ray's disk storage, if you are going to require people to have to install the games on their harddrives anyhow?

In this, I am NOT saying that requiring a harddrive for gaming isn't a bad thing.  The harddrive can be used for things like caching.  But to install the game?  Again, remind me why Blu-Ray is needed if you will require installs... so, you don't have to swap disks during the install process?

BengaBenga said:
RPG said:
DirtyP2002 said:

unbeliveable spin by PS3-fans here. Mandatory installs do not make a game better. Do you think Sony would allow mandatory installs if they were not necessary? Waiting 20 minutes before you can start the game is not great either.

Think about those lucky PS3 Users with the 20GB HDD. they can actually play 3 games like this at the same time...

Indeed we all know that once the data has been installed it cannot be deleted, we also all know that a HDD for the PS3 is overpriced like the 360 ones..........

If people cannot find 20 minutes to install the game it means they are pressed for time, something which gamers never are..........as your going to spend hours playing games. :/ Make yourself some tea, biscuits and crumpets in that 20 minutes. even go to the loo if you have to but the "have to wait 20 mins" line is just bullshit.

Speak for yourself please. I'm working 60 hours a week or so, so when I want to relax and play a game I don't really feel like waiting for 20 minutes. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a job that likes playing games...

You're trying to defend stuff that's really not worth defending.   

uhh? working 60 hours a week?

- try reducing the hours you work?

- don't play games that require a mandatory install?

How much time do you spend playing games per week? 1 hour a week? 2 hours a week? Even if 1 hour a week you still get 40 mins worth of play time...err but you don't have a ps3 do you, so why would this bother you?

Infact, I'll stop...but I will say that your post is one of the most illogical posts I've read here.

cura said:
BengaBenga said:
RPG said:
DirtyP2002 said:

unbeliveable spin by PS3-fans here. Mandatory installs do not make a game better. Do you think Sony would allow mandatory installs if they were not necessary? Waiting 20 minutes before you can start the game is not great either.

Think about those lucky PS3 Users with the 20GB HDD. they can actually play 3 games like this at the same time...

Indeed we all know that once the data has been installed it cannot be deleted, we also all know that a HDD for the PS3 is overpriced like the 360 ones..........

If people cannot find 20 minutes to install the game it means they are pressed for time, something which gamers never are..........as your going to spend hours playing games. :/ Make yourself some tea, biscuits and crumpets in that 20 minutes. even go to the loo if you have to but the "have to wait 20 mins" line is just bullshit.

Speak for yourself please. I'm working 60 hours a week or so, so when I want to relax and play a game I don't really feel like waiting for 20 minutes. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a job that likes playing games...

You're trying to defend stuff that's really not worth defending.   

uhh? working 60 hours a week?

- try reducing the hours you work?

- don't play games that require a mandatory install?

How much time do you spend playing games per week? 1 hour a week? 2 hours a week? Even if 1 hour a week you still get 40 mins worth of play time...err but you don't have a ps3 do you, so why would this bother you?

Infact, I'll stop...but I will say that your post is one of the most illogical posts I've read here.

Ewww illogical person pretending to be logical.

Tease.