By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Piracy - Who here is a "pirate" ???

@Khuutra: That is exactly my sentiment.. That's why I have bought every one of my Wii games except for DBZ2 which I got off of a friend because he wanted me to be a challenge for him but didn't want me to take his original :P

Around the Network

For anyone who's been watching the technology news lately, there've been some pretty big headlines, including

Customers who pirate spend more money on legit software as well
Courts rule that a pirate is not liable to pay the purchase price of what they have pirated, due to the above reason.

I have friends that have a cracked DS, which would annoy me, but they're both busy students, work as much as they have time to, and buy as many genuine Wii games as they can afford. If they didn't pirate the DS, they would have bought some games for it, but had less money to buy Wii games. So it all balances out.

So whilst I don't pirate, I wouldn't blame someone who did. Unless they are very wealthy

I still think there is a difference between stealing a 4$ song, 10$ movie and a 60$ game, according to me, stealing is stealing once you sell pirated games or get money from it in any possible way

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Yar I bein a real pirate, I'll shoot all ye scurvy game pirates.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Pirating is lame. It's destroying the industry.. along with.. coincidentially DRM.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

I have been a pirate since the PS1 era and now I bought a PS3.

So I was a pirate (aaaargh) and now am not.

So, am I forgiven?

please?

pretty please?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

i used to be a pirate but not anymore

Initiating social expirement #928719281

So what's the verdict in regards to

Multi-Plat game - Originally bought for PS3 - Used Reguarly
SOME friends use Xbox Live - so get a non-legit copy of that.

axumblade said:
Unfortunately, not every pirate is inclined to pay for other things. A couple of my coworkers only pirate games. They were bragging about how many they had and said they haven't bought games in years. Kind of frustrating actually in that case.

Yeah, this is the other scenario, where it's not a matter of "I can't afford it anyway" and more one of "hee hee, I'm so clever".

Unfortunately there are some young people that I know that have never purchased anything in their life. They basically grew up with Napster, and then moved on to Kazaa, and now bittorrent. They have no concept that this is actually stealing because they don't see non physical content as being worth anything. They literally download all their movies, music, and games and never purchase anything.

Its really sad because they justify it somehow because we have a tax here in Canada for blank media so they figure they are allowed to steal everything. When another friend of mine asked about the 360 the first thing they wanted to know is if they could pirate the games, which just makes me shake my head.