By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii60? PlayStation Army? I hate fanboyism

mmm i haven't finished reading the others comments. But i would like to say. personally i was a sega fan until they stopped making consoles. Then i went to nintendo. I don't wanna hate but I had a N64 and PSOne. I sold my PSone. When i got a wii i got a ps2. I sold my ps2. Then i realized I like nintendo. Personally i don't care that much what Sony fan boys say about nintendo. But look if someone says to you your console is (crap) in your face. And you paid hard cash for it.Let me say its a tad annoying. Look PS2 was a success but ps3 is having a shaky start. Look i don't take things seriously but it sucks when a person says you dumb ass why you buy that. I have seen vids on Youtube on ps3 trash talking and wii trash talk. Please lets don't make this a B.I.G and 2Pac thing. Lets all be proper Fanboys. Anyway I told the guy its a matter of taste. I rate my consoles by genre. If i had the cash i would have all three.When Fanboys decide to lash out please get your facts straight. at the end of the day. "you ask yourself" do you enjoy playing the game or not.

I would get playstation for its rpgs

X360 for its FPS

Wii for its adventure games.(mario etc) 

Around the Network

Some may not appreciate it but I think the Wii60 VS PS3 feeling that the PS3 Fanboys gets stems from a couple of things (none of which are related to any agreement or unspoken bond). Sony was the market leader coming into this generation and when you combine that with very agressive and opinionated fans (more so than Wii or 360, obviously this is an opinion) you get a situation where they have made themselves the targets of other fanboys. Then when the PS3 stumbles like a shark the fanboys smell blood and the foam flies and the dive right in.

I think the sentiment of the OP was a good one but in rehashing and complaining about what each fanboy does you only open the wounds and invite more bickering and flaming. Its been a minor miracle everything has been as reserved as it is thus far.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Well, i've been seeing, specially in my country community, is:

360 fanboys bashing the ps3 at every chance they get, cause they know their console is on the top, is better in the ports, costs less etc... etc... and they don't care to the Wii, they say it's a different market and wii already won.

Wii fanboys bashing the ps3/360, showing how their console/games sells like water and don't stop selling, showing it's not a fad.

PS3 fanboys defend themselves and use every good news they get to defend it. They like to point out the 360 extreme failure rate, their exclusivities (MGS,FF,R&C...) and the kiddy games/bad graphics of the wii. It's funny to see how some of the comments of the other fanboys, in the desperate urge to bash the ps3, are wrong, and some comments of the ps3 fanboys, in the desperate need to defend it, are wrong.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Another thing I see alot is people saying which company is the most evil. I can point out many bad things of each company.

Microsoft - Halloween Documents, Anti-trust, 360 almost being banned in some countries due to hardware quality.

Sony - Rootkit, Laptop Batteries, Lik-Sang (although the other companies had a part in it too.)

Nintendo - facing charges in Europe for overpricing of accessories, NES & SNES censorship, said Wii was region free.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:

Microsoft Fanboys mission hasn't changed - HATE HATE HATE HATE Sony.

I think you point it right..... it's not about PS it's about Sony.... a lot of people simply hate that company..... it's my case.... why???? because they are full of sh*t.... their marketing is one of the most border line I know in term of legal statement.... and are really close from a law suite case in many cases for false information....

they also have a line of hardware which is average but not as good as they pretend and certainly not for the price they ask for it.... like i have always said Sony is to electronic hardware what MS is to OSs..... and PS might be one of there best piece of hardware with their camcorder....

between their """"""emotion engine"""""" and """"""4D""""" graphics.... their video of games coming in 2008 at E3 2005 or 2006 (can't remeber) like KZ2 I'm sorry but between what they show in precalculated video and what they showed us at E3 2007 their is a world inbetween and the list of lies like that can go on and on..... they are tricking the customer..... they already did it when dreamcast was there with their ((((emotion engine))))

the reason I like MS (for once because i'm not a big fan of the company beside their gaming line) is exactly the reason you don't like it.... it's because they are putting the means to take out Sony or at least force them to be more truthfull.... which in my opinion is a good thing for the entire industry..... Sony wouldn't be doing the effort they are doing right now if MS didn't come in the war... and that's exactly what's make it interesting....

that said I think a lot of people are more against Sony than for MS or nintendo....

I just wanted to point that out

P.S.: I agree with what you are saying and I don't like blind fanboyism either and i'm not offended because I don't consider myself in that category.... but i'll admit I do not like Sony... and that was true way before MS came in the race.... it was even before dreamcast problems.... but that last one was the final blow to the face for me.... and I stoped buying consoles after that... and came back to it with MS...  

Around the Network

Meh, the fanboys have probably been around since the 16 bit days. Its just the internet allows everyone to interact alot easier nowadays. There are sites and forums dedicated to format/console wars.

But yah, like I said in another post it seems like some of these peeps are so attached to their console you would think they cuddle the freaking thing when they go to sleep at night.

Most fanboys are cured of this disease once they own multiple systems. Then all of a sudden they can play whatever games they want, everything the formerly 'rival' system has to offer is appreciated and there is no need to bash the other side.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

friedtofu said:

Meh, the fanboys have probably been around since the 16 bit days. Its just the internet allows everyone to interact alot easier nowadays. There are sites and forums dedicated to format/console wars.

But yah, like I said in another post it seems like some of these peeps are so attached to their console you would think they cuddle the freaking thing when they go to sleep at night.

Most fanboys are cured of this disease once they own multiple systems. Then all of a sudden they can play whatever games they want, everything the formerly 'rival' system has to offer is appreciated and there is no need to bash the other side.

I forgot to add that part to my post.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Legend11 said:
z64dan said:
FinalEvangelion said:

Tonight at midnight, I'm getting my copy of Bioshock for the Xbox 360. In a couple of weeks, I'll be getting Heavenly Sword for the PlayStation 3. They both look like very good games and I'm sure I will enjoy them equally.

You might enjoy them equally, but you will enjoy SMG even MORE!!!

WAHOO

Did you really have to put down those other two games?

How am I supposed to make a stupid fanboy reply without bashing 2 great games?

I think its not just about the prefernce of console, but its also the money put into a console from a consumers point. No body wants to feel like the product they put thier hard earned money into is useless.

come on the war is not over yet!!!