By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii60? PlayStation Army? I hate fanboyism

Wii60? Personally I think the best option for a gamer is PS3/X360 marriage. Definitely this is only way to play all the best games (as for me). Personally I'm able to appreciate X360 so it's pretty painful for me to read all hate posts from some X supporters.

Around the Network

I'm glad some people aren't taking too much offense.

@Legend11, I do agree that Xbox 360 has the best game line-up as of now. But they did have a good head start, that unfortunately ended up costing them tons of money in not testing their hardware well enough before releasing. My 360 has the new heatsink, so should be fine. I've had not a single hitch in the last month I owned it.

@Warlord_, I guess we have to let the Nintendo boys lavish in their victory. They had their last two consoles labeled as "kiddy." Some of them probably got pissed at me when I didn't think the Wii was God's gift to console gaming. Half way through this generation, it could either be accelerated as the market leader or it could end up being a fad like some have said. Hard to tell at this point

Maybe this generation will be a bit more competitive than the last couple of generations. I wouldn't mind a good fight.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

WiteoutKing said:
I have to disagree, Warlord. Look at how a fair amount of Sony fans have been acting here lately (not all of you, but there are some that stand out). Creating every thread possible about the PS3 then flaming down any topic talking about the Wii's success.

I don't see anyone "going mental", either. We know the Wii can't match the PS3 or 360 in terms of graphical capabilities. We know Mario isn't the greatest thing ever (anymore -- it's hard to argue that the simplistic yet addictive design of Super Mario Bros. on the NES had a large hand in the revival of the collapsing video game industry back in the mid-80s).

The Wii could be outsold, sure. But the history of the video game industry seems to suggest the Wii will be the all-around victor this time around. It has more steam than any other console in the industry's history, and no machine with this much momentum has lost its seat at first place.

No one is claiming Sony to be the devil.

This is my point exactly. Your post, in and of itself, is doing exactly what you claim "Wii fans" are doing. You're coming undone, claiming several things about the Wii and its following that are true in rare scenarios, then point fingers and start calling names.

To claim that Sony fans are innocent of blame, simply defending the PS3, while Wii fans are flaming and "going mental" is pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you said.  There is no side that's innocent.  There are people who post 1000 topics a day about how Nintendo is winning or how Sony is going to win when XXXX is released.  There are people who constantly troll forums of systems they don't own or are not at all interested in.  There are people who will argue with half the members of the forum for 3 days just to discredit another system (regardless of any evidence against their case).

Flame wars are started everywhere, and most of us are at least guilty of feeding the flames at one point or another, even if we don't start the threads or the arguments.  No one is innocent of this entirely (certainly not me), and all we can do is be as civil and respectful towards each other as possible.  That does NOT mean you shouldn't be able to express your opinion, but there is no reason to be insulting about it or blatantly inflamatory.  Also, it helps to keep an open mind, and be willing to admit when you made a mistake or are wrong.  It's amazing how many arguments go on forever simply because people are stuck in a mindset they refuse to change. Often people aren't debating to gain any new information or to prove a point, but rather to show their own support or disdain, regardless of any evidence to the contrary. 

WiteoutKing said:
I have to disagree, Warlord. Look at how a fair amount of Sony fans have been acting here lately (not all of you, but there are some that stand out). Creating every thread possible about the PS3 then flaming down any topic talking about the Wii's success.

I don't see anyone "going mental", either. We know the Wii can't match the PS3 or 360 in terms of graphical capabilities. We know Mario isn't the greatest thing ever (anymore -- it's hard to argue that the simplistic yet addictive design of Super Mario Bros. on the NES had a large hand in the revival of the collapsing video game industry back in the mid-80s).

The Wii could be outsold, sure. But the history of the video game industry seems to suggest the Wii will be the all-around victor this time around. It has more steam than any other console in the industry's history, and no machine with this much momentum has lost its seat at first place.

No one is claiming Sony to be the devil.

This is my point exactly. Your post, in and of itself, is doing exactly what you claim "Wii fans" are doing. You're coming undone, claiming several things about the Wii and its following that are true in rare scenarios, then point fingers and start calling names.

To claim that Sony fans are innocent of blame, simply defending the PS3, while Wii fans are flaming and "going mental" is pretty ridiculous.

Actually, I call Sony the devil (ok, maybe never actually called them the devil, but definitely evil). Of course this has nothing to do with Nintendo or Microsof and everything to do with their practises regarding DRM, Rootkits, Lik-Sang, etc. Which I won't go into right now. Suffice to say that Sony definitely is not trustworthy.

As for the rest, I agree completely. It seems all I hear from PS3 fans is bitching about Wii fans being mental while us Wii fans all know that the PS3 fans are the truly crazy ones ;)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

"Wii60? PlayStation Army? I hate fanboyism"

Me I love it, I think its great.

Around the Network
Warlord_ said:
The wii is what started the wars recently, the PS fans know that their graphics were not the best last gen but that never came up as much because we had all the games. I'm a Nintendo of old fan not a wii fan, i also love MS/PS.

Wii fanboys are by far the worst on the whole internet, they flame every thread to do with Sony on every site there is. Sony fans only come to back up their system, and fight it out with Microsoft for the best graphic's.

You tell any wii fan that their system is not the second coming of christ and they go all mental. You tell them that their system can't do 360/PS3 grapics and they go mental, you say one thing about Mario not being the best thing since sliced bread and they go mental, it just never ends with wii fans.

You tell them that the wii might be outsold and that this is only the first year of the war and they go beyond mental and go off in 10 threads how Sony is the Devil and that every games they make is shit and because HSG5 sells less then HSG3 Sony has lost it all when our sales are up 50%-100%.

1. I agree the Wii started the wars, its caused a disturbance in the industry (or the force, your pick) which will always open up flame wars, PS2 continued on PS1 dominance so it didnt really cause that much disturbance.

2. Urgh. totally disagree that Ninty fans are worst. Personally I think Sony fanboys are the worst flamers but that all fanboys are horrible little creatures that should be burnt.
My definition of a fanboy is somebody that instead of just supporting a console goes out of their way to flame another console without decent reasoning. I just dont think its neccesary from anyone.

Fan =/= Fanboy 

3. Tell me that the Wii isnt the second coming of christ  and Ill be most happy, im not a christian and it would deeply upset me to not believe in a console. In all seriousness though I think your once again mistaking fans for fanboys, most Wii fans KNOW that the wii is inferior as far as brute force hardware goes, most of us Wii fans will disagree when you say that it will be outsold - we certainly wont make ten threads about Sony being the devil (Afterall, we all know MS is the devil with their damned unreliable and insecure Windows).

FinalEvangelion said:
I'm glad some people aren't taking too much offense.

@Legend11, I do agree that Xbox 360 has the best game line-up as of now. But they did have a good head start, that unfortunately ended up costing them tons of money in not testing their hardware well enough before releasing. My 360 has the new heatsink, so should be fine. I've had not a single hitch in the last month I owned it.

@Warlord_, I guess we have to let the Nintendo boys lavish in their victory. They had their last two consoles labeled as "kiddy." Some of them probably got pissed at me when I didn't think the Wii was God's gift to console gaming. Half way through this generation, it could either be accelerated as the market leader or it could end up being a fad like some have said. Hard to tell at this point

Maybe this generation will be a bit more competitive than the last couple of generations. I wouldn't mind a good fight.

No, no I don't think it's hard to tell at this point at all. Gaming consoles are not fads. This is a ridiculous and moronic statement created by the same likes of rabid fanboys that created the "kiddy" bullshit with the N64. Not surprisingly, that came from the Sony camp.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could convince themselves of the "fad" status. If Wii is selling like hotcakes now in its first year with slim pickings, what's going to happen when the major releases start? With the first of the "Holy Trinity" right around the corner, what logic dictates that the Wii would start losing steam when its high profile games roll around when it couldn't stay on shelves BEFORE any of the games were released? It just doesn't make any sense.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I had Nintendo systems growing up (nes, gameboy, snes), but I still liked Sega. My friend had Genesis and I played it all the time.

I just don't get console fanboys. You miss out on a lot of good games just because you don't like another companies name or there image, that's just frakkin' retarded. Just because you don't have the time or money to buy multiple systems doesn't mean you should bash all the others.

I am a proud owner of the Wii60, and want to add the PS3 to that, as soon as the price falls in between $300-400. Would that be PSWii60 or WiiPS360?

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Soriku said:

Actually, I hadn't become a Nintendo fanboy since 5 months ago...KH3 Wii rumors...yes KH changed my life . I'm a KH fanboy TO DEATH

Get a PS3 then :P J/ks  Oh so you played it on the ps2... You traito... You prolly can;t afford a ps3 so you put it down as you have now heard a rumour (which prolly won't be true) and go for the cheaper console for KH. I figured you'd be a Nintendo fan from way back. Should of known only newbie fans yell the loudest to be heard. :P

I'll always support Sony :D but if FF went to another console I'd buy it only for that console and that would be it's soul purpose, other than that I'd only want a PS.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Everyone should realize how the mind of a fanboy works by now and just ignore them. It goes like this:

Exited, optimistic comment. Sly jab at opposing console makers.
Angry response, calls out fanboy.
Fanboys calls out the other, angry, fanboy.
Others join in and show they are ignorant of facts, be it intentional or otherwise.
Finally, someones parents/ethnicity/sexual preference is called into question.
Comments devolve into console war bickering.
Day passes.
No one remembers what was said.
New item is posted.
Cycle repeats.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo