By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I buy Alone in the Dark --- for $10??

I saw an EB Games had a new copy marked down to $10.   I can sell it elsewhere for $8 so price is a non-factor.

I was always intrigued by the ideas behind Alone in the Dark but I know they pushed out an unfinished mess of a game. 

Has anyone played the Wii version?  If I get it will I get a bit of enjoyment out of it or is it so broken that I'll have regretting ever having giving it a go?

Around the Network

For the Wii? I've heard it's the worse version you can get.

On PC/360/PS3? Sure. Some mechanics work very well, like the "DVD skip chapter menu" thingy. It's so good, Nintendo are going to use it apparently (in a way)! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

If it's anything like the demo I played on 360, $10 seems like a decent deal. Seems fun in short bursts.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Has no one played this game?

played the demo.

almost any game this gen is worth 10 measley dollars.

Around the Network

Yes, why not. Or you could goto a homeless person, show him/her the $10 and say the following: here is $10 (pause) which I'm not going to give you.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

But you'd be paying $10 too much. Nah from what I've heard, it's not even worth it but if you want to give it a go that's fine. But I'd suggest watching some videos of the gameplay first just to make sure it's what you are looking for.

I bought the Wii version and played it for quite some time. Not because it was fun to play, but because I couldn't believe how bad it was and kept playing to see if the game would improve later on.

Alone in the Dark is the worst game I have played on the Wii, and probably the worst game I played this entire generation. Check out my game collection to see I've played plenty of crappies on the Wii (yes, Far Cry Vengeance is better than Alone in the Dark).

People here recommending you to buy it have probably played the 360 version. The Wii version is nothing like it. Don't buy it!

Maybe check some reviews ?

And I'm sure they would tell you not to buy this game......

@ Chrizum & KylieDog - Thank you for saving me from aggrevation. Shame because it's exactly the type of game I'd LIKE to be playing on Wii but not in that state. :(