By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's Talk About Zelda Games in the Zelda Mega Thread

^^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF8Ve2Dk6-0

I take my other post back.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
Let's talk about the time lines! That should be interesting...

I always thought that after Ocarina of Time it creates two different time lines.

The first is time line has young Link when he goes back in Time, and the other one is the world where after adult Link when back in time, the world didn't have a Link.

And Windwaker is in the world where there is no Link so Ganondorf comes back without any resistance and then the World is flooded. And that's where Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass are.

I'm so bored...

i remember that miyamoto or eiji said that after ocarina, two timelines were created...

my favourite zelda games are OoT, MM and AlttP..

MM is too underrated.. a masterpiece of this level should have much more respect

Nintendo is a constant in life. Nintendo is the place where you can always go to have a great time, whether that is alone or together with friends. Nintendo made dozens of all time classics which are more than just amazing games. Nintendo is a gaming company. Nintendo raised our sorry asses better than a parent ever could. Nintendo is a religion. Nintendo is what drove gaming forward and what continues to drive gaming forward. Nintendo saved gaming in the '80s. Nintendo is saving gaming again right now.

Nintendo IS the industry. Nintendo IS gaming. - BY RolStoppable

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Twilllight Princess does screw everything up...

Maybe it's a 3rd timeline? I wouldn't know where to put it...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

SmokedHostage said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4BBw9nF7q8

Pretty much expands on what c03n3nj0 says.

Hey the GT retrospective is wrong. "Every Zelda ever made has featured this theme (overworld theme)." Ocarina of Time did not feature it actually.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Oh man, Khuutra, you absolutely have to play Link's Awakening. It's easily on par with A Link to the Past as far as older Zelda's go. I mean it has everything. Goombas, shovel stealing, Chainchomps, a space whale, shop keepers that can kill you, everything. It also has one of the more bitter sweet endings as far as Zelda games go.

Oracle of Ages and Seasons are pretty great too, but you don't really get the most out of them unless you get them both and play through them both multiple times. They were actually made by Capcom with Nintendo's supervision, but they're still definitely top notch.

On a side note, I'm ashamed to say that Phantom Hourglass is the only Zelda I haven't ever finished.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network
BCrayfish said:
Oh man, Khuutra, you absolutely have to play Link's Awakening. It's easily on par with A Link to the Past as far as older Zelda's go. I mean it has everything. Goombas, shovel stealing, Chainchomps, a space whale, shop keepers that can kill you, everything. It also has one of the more bitter sweet endings as far as Zelda games go.

Oracle of Ages and Seasons are pretty great too, but you don't really get the most out of them unless you get them both and play through them both multiple times. They were actually made by Capcom with Nintendo's supervision, but they're still definitely top notch.

On a side note, I'm ashamed to say that Phantom Hourglass is the only Zelda I haven't ever finished.

Oh, I'll play Link's Awakening, and I'll finish it, no worries.

The only Zelda I've picked up without finishing is Adventures of Link and I don't think I'll ever finish that one.

You know what I love in the next Zelda..?

Fully orchestrated music! I think a game should either have MIDI music or orchestrated music, not a mish-mesh of the two.

Also some other ideas I've seen on other sites are..

Sky Battles. Link riding a dragon..
Items that are used more, not items that are used for just one dungeon.
A "less empty" overworld, one of the biggest gripes with TP was that the overworld was pretty empty..
A Zelda in which Zelda is a significant part of the plot or no Zelda at all. Another gripe with TP.
A combination of Epona-riding and sailing. Both can be quite fun if done the right way.
Pegasus Shoes in 3D.
More rememorable characters that are significant to the plot. Midna and Zant were the only one in TP supposively..
Harder Dungeons. Pretty self-explanatory.
More exploration. Zelda used to non-linear but now it's.. yeah..

Pixel Art can be fun.

You guys should check out some of Lancun's timeline theories on Youtube. Some of his ideas are a bit far fetched but I think he's more accurate than GameTrailer on this. He's payed more attention to the games and every details he could find. ^^

He's made loads of videos so... It's quite long but I think it's worth watching. But if you just watch his latest ones that's fine too, he's changed a few things in it.

The whole timeline idea has gotten too messed up to work. There are some vague ideas and theories about how all the games tie together, and yes, Miyamoto said (years and years ago) that there were supposedly 2 timelines. However, with each and every new Zelda that comes out, it's gotten more and more impossible to fit all the pieces together, and now it's just one big horrific mess. Also, a few Zelda games later Miyamoto and Aonuma stated that almost every Zelda has its own specific standalone plot, and that they all don't necessarily tie together. Also, they said that Zelda games are created by first thinking up a design, the gameplay, and that they don't really start thinking about the plot and story until much, much later, when a lot of the game has already been finished. So there. People should just give up on the whole timeline thing. It's not there, at least not anymore. If even the creators themselves don't know, and don't even make them so that they DO fot together, how should the players know? :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I like the Zelda series but they can never actually keep me interested long enough to finish the game. I'm like 20 hours into TP.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.