By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's Talk About Zelda Games in the Zelda Mega Thread

I was rather disappointed with Phantom Hourglass... I thought it lacked a lot of the Zelda appeal, it was just not filled up somehow... The dungeons were fine, it was more what you did outside which I though was too less.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

not filled up? It was a portable game remember..

Is Link's Awakening really all that and a bag of chips?

Yes it is! Play it and you'll know. It's lightyears ahead of PH too.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

Explain, sir! To be "lightyears" ahead of Phantom Hourglass this game would need to be most marvelous indeed.

Around the Network

Yeah I had that gameplay idea, especially about enemies after the patent came out.. I thought why just limit help to puzzles? Why not have a few more epic battles?

With adventuring, when I say mix it up, an example of that would be finding an old boat by a lake and pushing it into the lake with motion and getting in and paddling out somewhere, having the boat hiding among old dry wood and plant matter and having to remove it say with the boomerang to find the it... That would make the boomerang useful in the adventuring aspect of gameplay and not just be all about bombs.

So that's how I want the items to be more useful and you'd really have to think about where and when you may need them and then the patent can help with particular enemies and not just puzzles

Khuutra said:
Cheebee said:

Explain, sir! To be "lightyears" ahead of Phantom Hourglass this game would need to be most marvelous indeed.

It definitely is! As I said, the difference in the dungeons isn't too big, but what you do in the overworld is just so much better.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

My first Zelda game of Ocarina of Time. It was one of the best experiences in videogames and I still keep it with me from my childhood.

The second best Zelda for me was Majora's Mask: great, with innovations, darker, masks, 72 hours, the book with all the activities..... Despite being criticized as a Zelda game, it still is one of my favourites.

The third one is Twilight Princess. Ok, I must admit that this one was a bit disappointing, maybe because thu huge hype created, or maybe because it remembered me to Ocarina of Time and didn't transmit me anything..... And the story? It had a good started, but then? Nothing. The only thing I really like was Midna character similar to Golum in The Lord of the Rings.

The last position is occupied by Wind Waker. I played this one the month after I finished Twilight Princess and maybe for that reazon I didn't enjoy the game so much. The art style was good, but the ocean sometimes was so huge and similar....

Which one will be next? Maybe.......... The Legend of Zelda: Endless Carousel (title inspired on the fake image related to Zelda that belonged to the picture of one book).

I haven't play any 2-D Zelda. Will it still be good for me now that I have finished all 3D Zeldas?

You have a Wii, David?

Yes, the 2-D Zeldas are worth playing, though they are very different. The worlds are full and real and unyielding in their delights and viciousness.

I would start out with A Link to the Past, if I were you. You can grab the original NES game, if you want - but if you want to really have fun with that one, get a piece of paper and be ready to draw your own map of the overworld. That's where the fun is.

Links Awakening brought a tear to my eye at the end.

But, yeah, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are my top two games of all time. I mean, wow. How could so much win be in such a small cartridge?