By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 widens the gap on PS3 by 8 million. PARTY TIME 360 FANS!!!!!!!

It will really be party time if 360 maintains this lead.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Final-Fan said:
The miracle I was referring to would be in their finances, to allow them to be able to drop the price.
Ah, so now it's a matter of believing in miracles. Financial miracles in the middle of a financial recession. With Sony Computer Entertainment parent company, Sony, hemmorraging money.

Dellusion can't be argued against =/

1.  The only reason it would be a miracle is because of the recession and Sony's troubles, so your comment is redundant.
2.  If currency stabilizes it might not even need a "miracle".
3.  Any sort of bailout would qualify.
4.  If you've been reduced to insulting me instead of actually discussing anything seriously, then (regardless of who is right) I suggest we end this exchange.  I don't want to continue this if this is the way you're going to act.  At least Onimusha's accusations are a little more elegantly put.  (And IIRC properly spelled.)

If you're also willing to end this (without anyone claiming victory or saying the other person ran away) instead of pointlessly continuing to insult me, you needn't respond. 

The comment is perfectly inline. You are expecting a miracle. It's pretty self-explanatory, tbh.

Currency contributes around 50% of the losses. Even if the effect becomes mitigated through changes in the exchange rates, SCE is still facing dwindling revenue and profit from their PS2 business. PSP is also down YoY both on hardware and software numbers, so that's another source of revenue and profit dwindling - although we still have to see which kind of effect the new PSP iteration will have on western sales so this one might hold up. If exchange rates don't change substantially, it won't be pretty.

You shouldn't be trying to ride the high horse when you are lowering yourself to the level of grammar nazi. Nitpicking about spelling is pretty much the last resort of those who have nothing to say. Nevermind the endlessly brought up counter-argument: you are dealing with a foreigner whose first language isn't english. By the way, how's your foreign language spelling? (supposing you are able to understand/make yourself understandable in any).

Finally, the last paragraph is... uhm... laughable? You do only care about the last word. Well, you ain't getting it. Looks like we'll be playing the moderator lottery: either the thread will end up locked or one of us (maybe both of us) will end up banned.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

First off, I'm crap at foreign languages, but what little I do know I know how to spell correctly. Anyway it was just a side comment, I wasn't using it as an argument against your points in any way.

The reason I criticized your statement is because you said "a miracle in the middle of a recession" as if that made it even worse, when it would only be a miracle in the first place because of the recession.  So if I misinterpreted the connotation of what you were saying, sorry -- I just don't understand why you would qualify it that way if you weren't going for that emphasis, and if you were, then I think it's overstating the implausibility of the occurrence.

I'm not "expecting" it to happen. In fact, that sentence, which you pounced on to the exclusion of the entire rest of the previous post, was only a correction of a previous misapprehension of yours, when you had misunderstood my point that supposing Sony was able to drop the price $100 then it would very possibly have a considerably greater impact on sales than you had been saying (without being a "miracle"). So if you want to keep this going please respond to that argument, which you will find above.

Or, alternatively, we can drop the argument. And by the way, you utterly failed to understand what I was getting at in that last paragraph ("needn't" =/= "don't"), so let me rephrase: "If you're also willing to end this (without anyone claiming victory or saying the other person ran away) instead of pointlessly continuing to insult me," feel free to respond agreeing to drop the argument, thereby getting the last word; I promise to not respond to it as long as you restrain yourself (instead of also insulting me or trying to start something) if you choose to take that option.

Either way, please read my posts more carefully in the future, and I'll also try extra hard to make myself clear.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I still maintain that Sony will pull the plug on the PS3 before Microsoft do with the 360.

Microsoft were smart to pull the plug on the xbox 1 and get the 360 out there early, but this time around now that they are making profits will milk as much as they can.

Final-Fan said:

First off, I'm crap at foreign languages, but what little I do know I know how to spell correctly. Anyway it was just a side comment, I wasn't using it as an argument against your points in any way. 

So basically you can't do what I do yet you attempt to be a niggle-whiner about spelling here and there? You know, just for that I could get on a tirade calling you a bigot, a corncob pipe shotgun-wielding southerner with the Confederate proudly flapping from a pole on top of the chimney. Also, my favorite, a slack jaw yokel. Being a grammar nazi (oh, I love the english pronunciation) will get you nowhere and fast.

Your posts are pretty clear, Final-Fan. They are just a way to keep bumping the thread until you are the last man standing. Some unhealthy obsession about the last word you were talking about yourself on some other thread. Your paragraph translates as "please, let me have the last one on this one and I promise I won't brag about it". Pass. I find your unhealthy obsession funny and thus I shall keep playing ball.

In the meanwhile, you tip-toed around the issues of the dwingling income (revenue? I'm not up-to-date with financial terminology) of the ps2 and psp business which will increasily strain SCE's finances as time goes by. Just as you tip-toed around anything that wasn't coherent with your view and assesment of the situation.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Lorrac please! Im scared... I don't like it when mommy and daddy fight, you can be daddy if you want.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Lorrac please! Im scared... I don't like it when mommy and daddy fight, you can be daddy if you want.

Oh c'mon Squi I'm just messing with him a bit.

Oh well, I'll take your advice =) Or rather, I get your clue... depending on perspective, really, but that'd be a derail on top of a derail.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Squilliam said:

Oh c'mon Squi I'm just messing with him a bit.

Oh well, I'll take your advice =) Or rather, I get your clue... depending on perspective, really, but that'd be a derail on top of a derail.

(but I don't care if it's my turn to be mommy or daddy) 8D

xD

I was just making a joke.

Btw, I lost my Live Gold connection... I think either Microsoft hates me or they want to stiff me for some money which is almost the same thing. It would be easier to pay for Live gold if they made the green lights on the front show a smiley face.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Btw, I lost my Live Gold connection... I think either Microsoft hates me or they want to stiff me for some money which is almost the same thing. It would be easier to pay for Live gold if they made the green lights on the front show a smiley face.

What? You mean you can't connect to XBL or rather that your XBL account is no longer gold flagged?

Bitmap Frogs said:
Final-Fan said:
So basically you can't do what I do yet you attempt to be a niggle-whiner about spelling here and there? You know, just for that I could get on a tirade calling you a bigot, a corncob pipe shotgun-wielding southerner with the Confederate proudly flapping from a pole on top of the chimney. Also, my favorite, a slack jaw yokel. Being a grammar nazi (oh, I love the english pronunciation) will get you nowhere and fast.

Your posts are pretty clear, Final-Fan. They are just a way to keep bumping the thread until you are the last man standing. Some unhealthy obsession about the last word you were talking about yourself on some other thread. Your paragraph translates as "please, let me have the last one on this one and I promise I won't brag about it". Pass. I find your unhealthy obsession funny and thus I shall keep playing ball.

In the meanwhile, you tip-toed around the issues of the dwingling income (revenue? I'm not up-to-date with financial terminology) of the ps2 and psp business which will increasily strain SCE's finances as time goes by. Just as you tip-toed around anything that wasn't coherent with your view and assesment of the situation.

Your comment to Squilliam reassures me that you are not insane to have written this post. 

Also, as a grammar nazi, I am confused:  I have never heard of a "corncob pipe shotgun" before. 

As a spelling nazi, which you should have been calling me earlier, I presume you meant "dwindling" when you typed "dwingling".  Also, "assessment". 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!