By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 widens the gap on PS3 by 8 million. PARTY TIME 360 FANS!!!!!!!

Final-Fan said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Yes it is misleading because it marks the point the 360 reached the magical 199$. The ps3 started higher, so there's a good chance it will hit its 199$ spike after the 360 did.

Explain to me how the omission of that boost you refer to could possibly be misleading when it is totally irrelevant for the purposes of the comparison that is being done because it depends on comparing "sales as of x weeks after launch" and the 360 is at a much higher x than the PS3 and Wii are. 

Console sales go up a big way when they reach 199$. The X360 hit it three years after launch. You've seen how powerful that pricepoint is, not only did the 360 recover all lost ground, but it is also increasing it now and as the latest figures show the momentum still lasts.

The ps3 will have been for sale during three years november 2009. Are you willing to bet the ps3 will drop 200$ 10 months from now?

Right, it won't. So the ps3 will hit the acceleration point later and it will have an impact on those LTD comparisons.

That's why that spike matters.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Screw it, I'm helping ya'll celebrate...congrats on 28mill 360 you've earned it. Microsoft has fought a hard fought battle and their efforts are paying off, yup even in Japan because the original Xbox NEVER got close to 1 mill UNLIKE the 360, that's a very good thing. This is good for gaming because this ensures an even brighter future for the Xbox brand, hence, further expanding of the industry! I may not particularly like Microsoft's PR, but that's irrelevant, the 360 has shattered ALL doubt that it would go the distance. Not only has it gone the distance but it's increased it (8mill ahead of PS3 to be exact). Regardless of my favortism to Sony, Microsoft/Xbox 360/and it's fans have my FULL respect! Go 360 Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh oh?! CGI-Quality praising the 360!?!?!!! This threads gone all wacko! Too much positive 360 news = bad! Too much positive PS3 news = Bad ,Balance of both = good!  and right now we have to much Positive 360 news! time to balance it!

Geez you Xbots keep praising Gaylo like its a big deal,it has wii(ak) graphiks and awful controls,the 360 is just in second place till they unlock the true power of the cell! and when that happens Xbox 3shitty will RROD for good!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao jk bout all that,Congratz 360!!!!!!!! and Alan Wake,KZ2,DR2  will be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@garnett

I hope ur comment was sarastic cause it sounds overly optomistic and frankly, wrong.

Hammer-of-Dawn said:

@garnett

I hope ur comment was sarastic cause it sounds overly optomistic and frankly, wrong.

Did you read teh black part :)

@CGI-Quality i know you never actually put the 360 down but you do alot of PS3 news that puts the 360 down.

ahhhh my bad

Around the Network

Sorry thats what I meant 60k weekly...lol not monthly and this is such a kiddie Thread :p

CGI-Quality said:
@ Garnett

Huh? News for PS3 is putting down the 360? How, bud?

For instance your username CGI-Quality its meant to show how PS3 can do CGI Quality graphics while 360 cannot,whcih is just hype sony used to sell there console.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Final-Fan said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Yes it is misleading because it marks the point the 360 reached the magical 199$. The ps3 started higher, so there's a good chance it will hit its 199$ spike after the 360 did.
Explain to me how the omission of that boost you refer to could possibly be misleading when it is totally irrelevant for the purposes of the comparison that is being done because it depends on comparing "sales as of x weeks after launch" and the 360 is at a much higher x than the PS3 and Wii are.
Console sales go up a big way when they reach 199$. The X360 hit it three years after launch. You've seen how powerful that pricepoint is, not only did the 360 recover all lost ground, but it is also increasing it now and as the latest figures show the momentum still lasts.

The ps3 will have been for sale during three years november 2009. Are you willing to bet the ps3 will drop 200$ 10 months from now?

Right, it won't. So the ps3 will hit the acceleration point later and it will have an impact on those LTD comparisons.

But who knows what will happen to sales of the PS3?  Something weird might happen.  Sony might get some miracle that lets them drop the price another $100, and it's plausible that such a price drop could have an effect as big as MS's price drop.  The point is that 10 months is a long time to assume you know nothing will change the sales pattern, and the comparison was ACTUAL weeks-after-launch sales. 

What I'm saying is that I understand what you're saying, but the data that was cut off was too far away from the PS3 info to call it a comparison.  You're making a prediction about what the comparison will look like a year from now, which is well beyond the scope of the mere comparison IMO. 

P.S.  Also, I think it's presumptious to take it as written in stone that $199 is the magic number for the PS3.  Maybe it's $250 with the Blu-ray package deal, or something else, who knows? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

this is the best thread evar!!! go 360

Final-Fan said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Final-Fan said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

But who knows what will happen to sales of the PS3?  Something weird might happen.  Sony might get some miracle that lets them drop the price another $100, and it's plausible that such a price drop could have an effect as big as MS's price drop.  The point is that 10 months is a long time to assume you know nothing will change the sales pattern, and the comparison was ACTUAL weeks-after-launch sales. 

What I'm saying is that I understand what you're saying, but the data that was cut off was too far away from the PS3 info to call it a comparison.  You're making a prediction about what the comparison will look like a year from now, which is well beyond the scope of the mere comparison IMO. 

P.S.  Also, I think it's presumptious to take it as written in stone that $199 is the magic number for the PS3.  Maybe it's $250 with the Blu-ray package deal, or something else, who knows? 

Just a few days ago you posted that you just keep arguments going and going because you need to get the last word. Is that the case here? You are just basically straining hard to reword "I don't like that".

About your last post, yeah let's ignore all the trends this market has set in over 30 years of history. I'm sure the ps3 will experience a miracle like no other console and will surge in sales. Hope springs eternal and all that. So far, it's fulfilling several trends we saw before: expensive consoles fail to make a splash big enough to take over the market, Japan is still ignoring non-dominant consoles (ps3 included), etc etc. You are of course feel free to believe someway things will turn around. But it's just a belief.

I'm sure you'd find presumptious to take it as written in stone that 199$ is the magic number, after all it only has been for every console released so far. You dislike what it implies. I'm sorry, but that's how things are. That's why that spike matters, because the ps3 will reach that later in its life.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).