By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 widens the gap on PS3 by 8 million. PARTY TIME 360 FANS!!!!!!!

Bitmap Frogs said:
Squilliam said:

Btw, I lost my Live Gold connection... I think either Microsoft hates me or they want to stiff me for some money which is almost the same thing. It would be easier to pay for Live gold if they made the green lights on the front show a smiley face.

What? You mean you can't connect to XBL or rather that your XBL account is no longer gold flagged?

They took my gold teeth away... so now I am silver until I pay them their pound of flesh.

Tease.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
So basically you can't do what I do yet you attempt to be a niggle-whiner about spelling here and there? You know, just for that I could get on a tirade calling you a bigot, a corncob pipe shotgun-wielding southerner with the Confederate proudly flapping from a pole on top of the chimney. Also, my favorite, a slack jaw yokel. Being a grammar nazi (oh, I love the english pronunciation) will get you nowhere and fast.

Your posts are pretty clear, Final-Fan. They are just a way to keep bumping the thread until you are the last man standing. Some unhealthy obsession about the last word you were talking about yourself on some other thread. Your paragraph translates as "please, let me have the last one on this one and I promise I won't brag about it". Pass. I find your unhealthy obsession funny and thus I shall keep playing ball.

In the meanwhile, you tip-toed around the issues of the dwingling income (revenue? I'm not up-to-date with financial terminology) of the ps2 and psp business which will increasily strain SCE's finances as time goes by. Just as you tip-toed around anything that wasn't coherent with your view and assesment of the situation.

Your comment to Squilliam reassures me that you are not insane to have written this post. 

Also, as a grammar nazi, I am confused:  I have never heard of a "corncob pipe shotgun" before. 

As a spelling nazi, which you should have been calling me earlier, I presume you meant "dwindling" when you typed "dwingling".  Also, "assessment". 

I guess no one explained to you before how the hyphen is used =/

It's used to join words (it's got another use as well, but the context rules it out), so the proper way to read it would be corncob pipe shotgun-wielding southerner.

Just helping ya there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corncob_pipe#Corncob

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_South

Goddamn, English is your first language ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_language ) and I, who learned it at a later age has to teach you not only about it, but also about your country's own history and cultural stereotypes. Not bad, considering I am fluent in three languages as well as moderately versed in their respective culture and history. There's a fourth I can only read, as well. I could also insult you in at least two other languages, but it doesn't matter - afterall you only speak English and need lessons both on it and the history of the United States. Not bad, considering you live in Minnesota. You know what? I can afford a mistake here and there.

Ah, I forgot classic Latin and Attic Greek - but all I remember are old sayings, you know... conventional wisdom. One in particular springs to mind.. Stultorum numerus infinitus est. If you care about it, google will return alternative wordings since classic Latin uses declensions so the position of the elements within the sentence is somewhat irrelevant. Somewhat. I might have screwed a declension there tho - it's been a hell of a long time since I last read anything in Latin.

By the way, spelling nazi isn't usually used - grammar nazy is the most used term for those who have nothing to say but petty remarks about grammar and spelling.

Oh, I guess this means the last word is mine now! So this means you must reply!

@Squilliam: ah, the trial month expired... I heard there are some ebay sellers with discounted subscriptions. Whatever you do, just do NOT input your credit card number, I heard it's a trip through customer service hell until they stop auto-renewing it.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
Final-Fan said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
So basically you can't do what I do yet you attempt to be a niggle-whiner about spelling here and there? You know, just for that I could get on a tirade calling you a bigot, a corncob pipe shotgun-wielding southerner with the Confederate proudly flapping from a pole on top of the chimney. Also, my favorite, a slack jaw yokel. Being a grammar nazi (oh, I love the english pronunciation) will get you nowhere and fast.

Your posts are pretty clear, Final-Fan. They are just a way to keep bumping the thread until you are the last man standing. Some unhealthy obsession about the last word you were talking about yourself on some other thread. Your paragraph translates as "please, let me have the last one on this one and I promise I won't brag about it". Pass. I find your unhealthy obsession funny and thus I shall keep playing ball.

In the meanwhile, you tip-toed around the issues of the dwingling income (revenue? I'm not up-to-date with financial terminology) of the ps2 and psp business which will increasily strain SCE's finances as time goes by. Just as you tip-toed around anything that wasn't coherent with your view and assesment of the situation.
Your comment to Squilliam reassures me that you are not insane to have written this post. 
Also, as a grammar nazi, I am confused:  I have never heard of a "corncob pipe shotgun" before. 
As a spelling nazi, which you should have been calling me earlier, I presume you meant "dwindling" when you typed "dwingling".  Also, "assessment".

I guess no one explained to you before how the hyphen is used =/

It's used to join words (it's got another use as well, but the context rules it out), so the proper way to read it would be corncob pipe shotgun-wielding southerner.

Just helping ya there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corncob_pipe#Corncob
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_South

Goddamn, English is your first language ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_language ) and I, who learned it at a later age has to teach you not only about it, but also about your country's own history and cultural stereotypes. Not bad, considering I am fluent in three languages as well as moderately versed in their respective culture and history. There's a fourth I can only read, as well. I could also insult you in at least two other languages, but it doesn't matter - afterall you only speak English and need lessons both on it and the history of the United States. Not bad, considering you live in Minnesota. You know what? I can afford a mistake here and there.

Ah, I forgot classic Latin and Attic Greek - but all I remember are old sayings, you know... conventional wisdom. One in particular springs to mind.. Stultorum numerus infinitus est. If you care about it, google will return alternative wordings since classic Latin uses declensions so the position of the elements within the sentence is somewhat irrelevant. Somewhat. I might have screwed a declension there tho - it's been a hell of a long time since I last read anything in Latin.

By the way, spelling nazi isn't usually used - grammar nazy is the most used term for those who have nothing to say but petty remarks about grammar and spelling.

Oh, I guess this means the last word is mine now! So this means you must reply!

Oh, I'm well aware of how to use hyphens.  Although I would have hyphenated it differently, the usage I ascribed to you is quite common even in publications.  (I'm referring to rendering wielding a hypothetical "corncob pipe shotgun" as corncob-pipe-shotgun-wielding vs. corncob pipe shotgun-wielding.)  More importantly, the alternative interpretation would seem to be that you were calling me (among other things) a corncob pipe.  Were you?  If not, did you omit "smoking" or something from that sentence? 

Considering I do indeed live in Minnesota, it interests me that you would knowingly give me stereotypes specific to the American South.  Minnesotans have their own stereotypes, doncha know, and even aside from our own we certainly would not have certain Southern ones. 

I'll readily admit that "spelling nazi" seems to be a much less common term, but surely you'd agree that it's more correct for what you were accusing me of.  (Although if "nothing to say but..." is part of your definition, then both are clearly wrong.)  And what's with the sudden "nazy" misspelling? 

Spelling and grammar are (as I'm sure you are aware) different things.  So if I had initially been correcting you on stuff like "and I, who learned it at a later age has to teach you" needing a second comma after age to go with the one after I, then it would have been another story.  Also, I believe it should be "have" not "has".  "I ... have to teach you". 

Do you realize that you may have created through your (previously wrong) accusations a self-fulfilling prophecy?  In this thread at least, it is becoming humorous to play the part of the monster you called me.  Although I'm spoiling it by actually responding to all points instead of just the minimal excuse to claim the final response.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

PS3 will catch up in time.

*cough been out for an extra year *cough

Around the Network
Undying said:
What was the 360 at when the PS3 was released? I think this is the biggest lead the 360 has ever had on the PS3, but i might be mistaken.

The gap was 5.5 million at PS3 launch.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Theo said: 

Games rated 70 to 90% are average games, so it's just more quantity on ms's part. There can be no fact about which console has the best games, just opinions which I feel free in spreading. Ps3 has the best exclusives, fact :D if the 360 had just a couple more good games I'd pick it up cause it costs next to nothing

Contradict yourself much? The first bolded statement of yours is correct; the system with the best games is an opinion. It's also just the view of one person, not the entire buying public. People will buy the system they think has the best games. And going by sales figures, coupled with the fact that the 360 has continued to increase its lead over the PS3 after its launch, more people seem to think the 360 has better games, or that the difference between the games is small enough to not warrant the extra markup of the PS3. If the other thing you said, the second thing I bolded, were true, then the PS3 would have already smiten the 360, and be knocking on (or passing) the Wii's door.

Back to the topic. I congratulate Microsoft for having a system that is seeing considerably more worldwide success. They are the force that is doing what was needed- an industry correction. Sony did it to Nintendo in 1995, now Microsoft gets to do it to Sony. And I wish them the best of luck in it. (Now if we can only get our last roommate on board to get a 360...)

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Like a clockwork, as expected, there you are.

Your arguments have no weight at all =/

Ooops, the last word is mine again.

@viper1: there's some argument going on there... consumer sell-through was around the 5.5 million mark indeed, but X360 shipments at the time were much higher, 7-8 million maybe? MS used to overship a lot.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:

You, on the other hand, are late. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

You, on the other hand, are late. 

'Late' is a relative concept.

(Your signature encouraged me to rebutt)

Tease.